Fast Facts and Musings

Comments

• MakersMakers Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Was a fun day guys. Thanks
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Makers wrote: »
    Hard to navigate my phone after a few drinks but did I see an ML of 4-1 on the Haskell Filly?

I saw a Monmouth press release and she was listed as the 2/1 ML favorite. That's FUNNY!!!
    edited July 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I saw a Monmouth press release and she was listed as the 2/1 ML favorite. That's FUNNY!!!

Thanks
    edited July 2014
    thebox138 wrote: »
    Going into wed's card pletcher had 16 wins in 18 starts when sending out a 2year old firtst time starter when there odds were 9/5 or less..... He had one running in the 2nd on wed : went off at 3-5 & ran 2nd.... Guess its 16-19 now

Awesome stat considering favs only win 30% or so Thanks for sharing
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    And did. Nice call

take the winnings and parlay on life in shambles in the curlin stakes on friday..
    this guy should sit a trip off of the lead this go round....hope we get 6-1..
    edited July 2014
    He was my biggest bet on Belmont Day, one of my Don't Leave The Window Plays I bet $1000 W/P and the rail and break killed me. He was valiant to hold on for 3rd, if he's anywhere near 3/1 I will have $2K to win and place on him tomorrow. Bookmarked since and has been giving Tonalist all he can handle in the morning. He won't be on the lead this time as I have been told by someone in the CC barn he will be rated this time out!!!

GL!!!!!!
    edited July 2014
    Actually with Commanding Curve scratching for the Jim Dandy, Life In Shambles will be the favorite off the PISS POOR ML by the so called best horse racing line maker. Really Eric is just trying to score for himself, they do that you all know!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Still better than the time they let Brad Free try his hand at line making... There's a thread around here about that fucking free money give-away.
    edited July 2014
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    pure sensation in the 9th...get out win wager

Damn missed it!
    edited July 2014
    12 LHP Listed today

Teams facing LHP today

Miami 15-9 +8.1 Units

Detroit 21-10 +7 Units

Minnesota 16-15 +5.1 Units

LAA 20-15 +2 Units

Pitt 9-7 + 0.4 Units

San Diego 11-11 +0.3

Houston 15-20 +-0

Tampa 11-17 [-9.6 Units]

Boston 17-18 [-6.4 Units]

Philadelphia 10-13 [-1.6]

NYY 14-15 [-1 Units]
    edited July 2014
    playing Lezcano right back..1a..upstaged @7-1 w/6 mtp. also boxing with the sheriffs runner..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Hope Elvis is all right... Talk about running up on heels.
    edited July 2014
    playing Lezcano right back..1a..upstaged @7-1 w/6 mtp. also boxing with the sheriffs runner..

These Kiaran horses have not been running to well as of late.
    edited July 2014
    him and lezcano normally give it a run on the grass..the sheriffs horse got there at the wire..
    edited July 2014
    Worth noting

Saratoga

NYRA has some new racing conditions and you need to understand their fine print to put them into context. You will see horses coming out of Belmont Park that raced in starter allowance races. One for $20K and another for $40K, but there is a huge difference between them.
    One race is listed as follows:

Alw40000s
    It is a starter allowance event for horses who broke their maiden for $40K or less or $50K or less if they are New York-breds AND have never won two races.
    The second race is listed as follows:

Alw20000s
    It is a starter allowance event for horses who have started for a claiming price of $20K or less AND since that start, have not won a race other than maiden, claiming or starter.
    Normally, when you examine past performances, you would think that the first race for Alw40000s is a higher quality race than the one for Alw20000s. But it is not.
    The non-winners of two condition that is part of the Alw40000s essentially limits the race to horses who have only won one race lifetime and broke their maiden for either $50K or $40K.
    edited July 2014
    11954456471201480512johnny_automatic_baseball_at_bat.svg.thumb.png Less than 3 RPG (.218 BA) last 6 versus mid level pitching doesn't bode well for Minny facing extreme quality today..Sale has given up 2 or less last 5...3 of those allowing only 1.

Logan Darnell a .500 starter in Triple A with a 3.75 ERA most likely will only have to allow 4 or 5....Visiting Chisox insures a full 27 AB's making the RL even more attractive

Chisox -1.5 -101
    edited July 2014
    Saratoga Changes for Sat Jul 26 2014
    Track Conditions: Current Turf-Firm, Dirt-Fast
    (Updated at 11:50:02 AM) Race 1 Current Distance-12, Turf-Firm
    Race 2 Current Distance-9, Turf-Firm
    Race 3 Current Dirt-Fast

2 DA JENIUS scratched (Reason: Trainer)
    3 TODAY'S AGENDA changed to medication: First time on Lasix Race 4 Current Distance-12, Turf-Firm
    Race 5 Current Dirt-Fast
    Race 6 Current Distance-9, Turf-Firm

13 SANDYINTHESUN scratched (Reason: Also-Eligible) Race 7 Current Dirt-Fast
    Race 8 Current Dirt-Fast

2 ROCK FALL scratched (Reason: Trainer)
    7 NOBLE MOON scratched (Reason: Trainer) Race 9 Current Distance-12, Turf-Firm
    Race 10 Current Dirt-Fast

1 COUSIN STEPHEN scratched (Reason: Trainer) Race 11 Current Distance-9, Turf-Firm

3 WOKE UP TIRED scratched (Reason: Main-Track-Only)
    4 DOUBLE GOLD scratched (Reason: Trainer)
    edited July 2014
    11954456471201480512johnny_automatic_baseball_at_bat.svg.thumb.png Less than 3 RPG (.218 BA) last 6 versus mid level pitching doesn't bode well for Minny facing extreme quality today..Sale has given up 2 or less last 5...3 of those allowing only 1.

Logan Darnell a .500 starter in Triple A with a 3.75 ERA most likely will only have to allow 4 or 5....Visiting Chisox insures a full 27 AB's making the RL even more attractive

Chisox -1.5 -101

Thanks helped to ease today's pain a bit!
    edited July 2014
    no turf racing tomorrow at del mar due to all of these break downs..
    edited July 2014

Strange indeed....Missed the spill in the 5th...Text from DVD's uncle..spent the night in the hospital for observation (hopefully that's all)
    edited July 2014

Fatal Injuries Prompt Del Mar to Move Sunday’s Turf Races to Polytrack

Del Mar will move two turf races carded on Sunday to the Polytrack main track after three fatalities occurred on the newly installed surface during Friday and Saturday’s programs. An additional fatality occurred on Polytrack on Friday, bringing to four the number of equine deaths during the two programs. Track crews will evaluate the condition of the racecourse and perform maintenance on it over the next several days before racing returns on Wednesday, where three turf races have been carded.

The euthanized horses from Friday and Saturday were:
    –Yes She’s Unusual, trained by Steve Knapp and owned by Albert and Kathleen Mattivi, suffered a fatal injury approaching the far turn in Friday’s sixth race, a five-furlong turf allowance sprint. She fell, throwing jockey Brice Blanc to the ground and causing three other horses to be tripped up. Blanc complained of bumps and bruises but apparently suffered no serious injuries. None of the other riders was hurt.

–Vladimir Cerin-trained Lil Miss Echo broke down in the stretch of Saturday’s fifth race, a 1 1/16-mile turf allowance. The filly got up and tried to run on three legs in front of a packed grandstand. Drayden Van Dyke, one of the jockeys unseated in Friday’s multi-horse mishap, was aboard Lil Miss Echo. He was carried off in a stretch, taken to Scripps Hospital and later released. He plans to ride on Sunday. Lil Miss Echo was owned by Caro Farm.

–J Kat broke down and was pulled up quickly by jockey Corey Nakatani midway through the turn of Saturday’s ninth race, a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight contest on turf. Owned by Kretz Racing LLC, J Kat was trained by George Papaprodromou.

–On the Polytrack in Friday’s seventh race, Jerry Hollendorfer Longview Drive broke down the first time past the stands during the Grade 3 Cougar Handicap, a mile and one-half race that starts on the backstretch and goes 1 1/2 laps around the main track. Longview Drive was owned by Steve Beneto, a California Horse Racing Board commissioner.

The first fatality of the meeting occurred on opening day, July 17, after Kokaltash finished third in a turf allowance/optional claiming race and was vanned off. The Darrell Vienna trainee was euthanized after a severe sesamoid injury was diagnosed.
    edited July 2014
    Del Mar Changes for Sun Jul 27 2014
    Track Conditions: N/A
    (Updated at 11:44:57 AM) Race 1 No Changes Race 2 No Changes Race 3 No Changes Race 4 No Changes Race 5 Current Distance-6

6 STONEY FLEECE scratched (Reason: Reason Unavailable)
    9 SIZZLIN' JOE scratched (Reason: Reason Unavailable) Race 6 10 BRANDON'S PRINCESS scratched (Reason: Reason Unavailable)
    11 SUANCES PRIDE scratched (Reason: Reason Unavailable) Race 7 No Changes Race 8 No Changes Race 9 Current Distance-6

7 LA PEQUENA GIGI scratched (Reason: Reason Unavailable) Race 10 No Changes
    edited July 2014
    no turf races. both moved to the poly
    edited July 2014
    11954456471201480512johnny_automatic_baseball_at_bat.svg.thumb.png NYY and Texas have combined to top tonight's number 5 times in last 25 games..With Darvish on the mound and the Rangers anemic offense (2.8 RPG last 10) doubt tonight will buck the under trend..

u8 -105
    edited July 2014
    07252614.gif
    edited July 2014
    Indian Charlie...Meant to post earlier but still worth a read and a chuckle...
    edited July 2014
    11954456471201480512johnny_automatic_baseball_at_bat.svg.thumb.png Cleveland scoring a season high over their past 9..however 5 of those plating 3 or less..In 4 of those 5 scoring only one.... No need to go into the stats of the over powering Hernandez who continues to dominate winning 11 of 13 with a team totally lacking at the plate scoring 2.4 RPG last 7....Considering Seattle's first look at Kluber..152 K's in 149 IP runs should/will be hard to come by..

u6.5 -112
    edited July 2014
    Suddenly I don't feel so old :)

Robert A. “Cowboy” Jones, 70, holds the record for being the oldest jockey to win a race at Ellis Park. It’s believed his next career win will make him both the oldest jockey to win a Thoroughbred race in the United States, and the only one to collect victories in seven separate decades. Jones, who has ridden for 55 years at low and mid-level tracks, reports he has broken 83 bones in racing-related accidents, including each of his fingers, and has lost seven inches from his height as a side effect of his injuries. According to Equibase, he has ridden 3,961 starts since 1976, when the service’s record of him begins. In that time, he won 255 times with over 1.5 million in earnings. Jones is currently based in Henderson, Ky.

How did you get the nickname ‘Cowboy’?
    I grew up with three names—I was born Bobby Jones and I was known as Scratchy Jones as a kid (my brother had broken his leg when he was seven years old, and he was known as Itchy because the cast was always bothering him, and he and I were always together so I became ‘Scratchy’).

In 1962, they had the top five riders from Ellis Park on television, and the race announcer (the late, great Chick Anderson) was interviewing us. I was about number five, and at the time I was 5 foot, 9 inches (I’m 5 foot, 2 now) and Anderson said, ‘Robert, it don’t look like you’re going to have a lifetime in the saddle—what would you like to do when you quit riding horses?’ And I said, ‘I’d like to go to school and take up IBM machines, (I was a speedball typist),’ but as a joke I added, ‘But really, I’d like to be a cowboy.’ I never thought any more about it.
    edited July 2014
    For Thursday or Next Raceday
    MONMOUTH: Pick 6 -- $67,036 GULFSTREAM: Pick 6 -- $50,000