Horse Racing - Wednesday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 2

#2 Winning Punch (4/1 ml)

Every one of this horse's recorded workouts is an exact match for Wish Me Success, a fellow Kimmel first-timer who scored on Sunday with an impressive late rally. This one also worked a furlong in 10.2 at the February OBS, so apparently she's got some speed, and shouldn't have to come from way out of it like Wish Me Success did the other day. Incidentally, Wish Me Success won an open race; this one is for New York-breds. Different rider aloft here (Desormeaux), but Kimmel has scored with first-timers on each of the last two racing days (he's hot), and this'll be his third different rider between the three horses. Kimmel also has a very impressive record with Desormeax, hitting at 24% (from 95 starters) for over a 30% flat-bet profit.

HRT record:

8 for 33 (24%)

$66.40 mutuels ($8.30 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Saratoga - Race 4

#3 Inner Light (5/2 ml)

Looks like this Mott trainee took part in a 3-horse team drill on July 30 with Majestic Warrior and Z Humor. Each of those two emerged from that workout to win their debuts impressively. In fact, i'm having trouble keeping track of all Mott's live 2yo's at the meet. He has 4 winners that i know of, and a couple more who missed by a neck. Most with Desormeaux (today's jockey) aboard. Inner Light also worked a furlong in 10.2 at the Fasig-Tipton sale prior to fetching $650k, far exceeding her sire's stud fee of $45k. And speaking of her sire (Songandaprayer), he hits at 17% with juvenile debut runners. This one is also a half-brother to Rojo Toro, a fast debut winner for Baffert a few years ago.
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Both out!!!!!!
    edited August 2007
    Winning Punch went off @ 2/1 and ran third.

Inner Light went off @ 6/5 and ran out.
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Sorry about that!!! I dont play those big favorites to show, so I forgot about the show on the first one. GL
    edited August 2007
    I don't bet to show either...

Del Mar - Race 2

#5 Wild Baby Girl (8/1 ml)

First-timer has been training sharply over the polytrack and is worth a shot at the price.

Del Mar - Race 8

#11 Warren's Ruler (4/1 ml)

Horse ran third in a key race (over the poly) after dueling on the pace. The two horses who finished in front of him each came back to win by open lengths, one of them on the class jump. Trainer goes to Nakatani for the ride here, and Nakatani is a huge 7-for-21 for this barn, with a gigantic flat-bet profit of 110%. Been training very sharply for this one too, and looks improved since his latest. Strong play here.
    edited August 2007
    Saratoga - Race 8

#6 More Happy (2/1 ml)

Didn't think i'd be able to bet this one, but she's 5/2 with 20 mtp. She beat Foxy Danseur in her debut, a very nice filly who came back to run a good third in a very tough stakes race while still a maiden.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited August 2007
    More Happy is a win at $5.00

Keep them coming DC.

Enjoy reading your posts.

Edward
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Great Call on Wild Baby Girl! Keep up the great work DC.

1st 5-Wild Baby Girl $27.00 $13.80 $7.40
  • DustinYoungDustinYoung Member
    edited August 2007
    Great stuff! Thanks for posting.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Warren's Ruler easy winner. Great day DC!
    edited August 2007
    More Happy wins @ $5.00

Wild Baby Girl wins @ $27.00

Warren's Ruler wins @ $5.80
  • DustinYoungDustinYoung Member
    edited August 2007
    More Happy wins @ $5.00

Wild Baby Girl wins @ $27.00

Warren's Ruler wins @ $5.80

Lol...... now THATS what im talking about :). Thanks for posting always! Great job today.