Equibase or DRF?

HoofHeartedHoofHearted Junior Member
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
What do y'all usually use for your PPs? I think DRF is a little more expensive, but that is what I have been using. Anyone use Equibase? I know they have video replays of most races which is great. What do y'all think?

Comments

• TurfCapperTurfCapper Member
    edited August 2007
    I have tried a few different sources, but I have always found that I like the DRF PP's best of all . . . I just checked out Equibase, and they have totally upgraded their web site, and the video replay is a nice feature as well . . . . I guess it depends on what you value most as a handicapping tool. I use the Beyer Figs a lot, and they seem to be the most accurate. I have been at the track when someone had Brisnet forms, and someone had the racing form, and you would be shocked at the difference in the speed figures (since they use different methods to calculate). I have seen times when a horse you would toss on the Bris Figures is an include with the Beyers, or times where the Bris figure is significantly higher, and makes a horse look like a standout.

I have used both with some success, but I like the form best . . . and I am a little old-fashioned, cuz I would rather have the Newsprint version in my hands !!!!!
  • PacManPacMan Member
    edited August 2007
    A lot depends on the `capper and the track they're doing as each person `caps races their own way. One of the most important things to remember is that each version of a program (BRISNET, DRF and E-Base) all use their own numbering system. To try and compare these figures without proper knowledge will give most a severe headache. These three printable programs each have advantages and disadvantages, pick your poison.
  • PacManPacMan Member
    edited August 2007
    TurfCapper wrote: »
    I have tried a few different sources, but I have always found that I like the DRF PP's best of all . . . I just checked out Equibase, and they have totally upgraded their web site, and the video replay is a nice feature as well . . . . I guess it depends on what you value most as a handicapping tool. I use the Beyer Figs a lot, and they seem to be the most accurate. I have been at the track when someone had Brisnet forms, and someone had the racing form, and you would be shocked at the difference in the speed figures (since they use different methods to calculate). I have seen times when a horse you would toss on the Bris Figures is an include with the Beyers, or times where the Bris figure is significantly higher, and makes a horse look like a standout.

I have used both with some success, but I like the form best . . . and I am a little old-fashioned, cuz I would rather have the Newsprint version in my hands !!!!!

E-base has definitely upscaled their site and am in favor of what they've done. Have been told that there are a few more changes they're working on and are trying to get the kinks worked out asap.

DRF is "the standard" far as it goes for me. The PP's give enough insight/vision (to me) that I am able to clearly follow the body of the race. One change I would love to see them make is have customer subscriptions for all the tracks similar to what they're doing for DMR & SAR. If they would go that route, I would sign up for at least three winter tracks by tonight's nightfall. My guess is that you've been around long enough to remember when they use to list their top forty and next scheduled race, right?

BRISNET is helpful, imo, when a person does not follow 'that' track closely as they add their comments. Drawback is, they cater to chalk.

To each their own and hopefully we all will cash enough to be happy at night's end.
  • dpolldpoll Junior Member
    edited August 2007
    Not sure cost at DRF but bris allows you to download an entire day for $10. That is good deal if you plan to play a lot of tracks.
  • TurfCapperTurfCapper Member
    edited August 2007
    I beleive that DRF lets you get weekly, monthly, or yearly subscriptions . . . which gives you every track . . . of course, if you aren;t playing the late double at Mountaineer on a regular basis, that may not be of that much use ;-)