Pat O'Brien pick for Del Mar

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Kobe's Back as the third choice. After watching the Bing Crosby again I thought that with even an average break that he wins that race. I am not as concerened with the hollendorfer runner as i am the one with jockey joe on, Appealing Tale.

I am going to play a strong exacta here and probably play these two in a pick 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxb38bD6Xjo

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree, but this fucker always breaks slow.

What's the pick 6 ticket look like boys?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    dynamite ride in the 3rd...

true ranger in the 4th..

good luck tonight fellas....im playing in a wsop circuit poker event @horseshoe baltimore so I will not be watching..
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Ive been on him a few times at a price for show money. He has broken slow 8 out of 13 starts , will he ever improve? Idk playing appealing tale as a single in pick 4 /5
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I agree, but this fucker always breaks slow.

What's the pick 6 ticket look like boys?

This. Kobe constantly breaks like a schmuck then runs on powerfully enough late for me to back him again. He's getting his last shot for me tomorrow.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    This. Kobe constantly breaks like a schmuck then runs on powerfully enough late for me to back him again. He's getting his last shot for me tomorrow.

I'm done with Kobe. No more near misses for me. I'm probably dumb as hell, but I like #1 Turnover. This will be his 3rd start after a near 1 year layoff. Plus, he draws the rail so Martin will probably send him. If he runs like he did at Los Al two back, he will be on the lead and play catch me if you can against a bunch who all want to make one big run when going 6 1/2 or 7f. His work two back(the "BIG WORK"), was the kind you want to see when getting a horse ready for a long sprint race. And finally the number one reason I like him---he is owned by Natalie Baffert, and Bob sure isn't going to embarrass his punch with running a rat in a stakes race on Saturday afternoon!

Who do y'all like in the Alabama at the Spa?
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I'll be taking Lovely Maria. A flashback when Larry Jones ran two in the The Oaks and Maria taking it.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    A couple of thoughts on Del Mar. Joel Rosario comes into town and I can't figure out who he came for???

In the big race, Pac Classic, he rides for Clement on #5 Red Vine, 6-1 ml. Clement has been hot of late up at the Spa, and this one has the look of a real sleeper after coming out of a rather ho-hum run at Monmouth going a mile. You have to think these connex know something that doesn't show up on PP's?

In race 8, the Del Mar Handicap, G2 $250k going 1 3/8 on turf, I'm going with the chalk, #4 Big John B, 5/2 ml. This old warrior just keeps getting better. 33 lifetime starts and he is coming into this race on the same schedule he was on last year when he blew this race wide open. Not many trainers right now any hotter than Phil D'Amato, and I expect Bejarano to toy with this group and come running late to swing by them all.

Any thoughts?