Spa Play--Friday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
In the feature 9th-- 2yo going 5 1/2 on the turf

#3 ONE MEAN MAN, 6-1

Owned by sneaky trainer Bernie Flint. Made his debut at Ellis going same distance on turf and sat just off a moderate pace and took over late to win going away. The final fraction was eye-popping! For some reason having to do with stall space and licensing, Bernie transferred this one over to Ronnie Moquett whose name he races under today. Reports from CD say his works since debut have been spaced about two weeks apart and that he is kicking down the stall to get going again. Last work was under a stranglehold and now he appears at the Spa in a minor stakes race worth $100k. Connex aren't dicking around as they go with Javier Castellano to ride. Wesley Ward has a couple going in here who will take money but I think 4-1/9/2 is possible? The Spa turf courses have been playing fair for closers the past few days and Moquett expects One Mean Man to sit just off the lead and kick it in turning for home. All involved expect to win!!!

Race 3 has some running who were well thought of at Oaklawn a few months ago. Pangburn gets back to a realistic level after failing vs graded company, but owner Anthony moves her from McPeek to Dutrow, and the blinkers come off and she runs vs older for the first time. 8/5 ml and looks like a play against to me. I'm waiting on more info on this one and will check back with any useful info.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    One of the Wesley Ward runners is sure to sct--Laxfield Road just ran a couple of days ago and the rat cost me a bundle!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Very interesting; thanks John.
    edited August 2015
    In the 3rd race--I hope Pangburn takes a shitload of money and the odds float up on everyone else. Her last in Indiana Oaks was over a sloppy track and she never lifted a hoof. On the other hand, #1 Fresh Feline came alive in her only off-track start and I expect Junior to get her out early and lead these every step of the 1 1/8 over a muddy track!
    edited August 2015
    How bad of day can you have??

Pangburn wins the 3rd

In the 9th--One Mean Man loads just fine--then flips in the gate--launching Javier and getting stuck facing backwards! Late sct to say the least.

Then when you think you are do a little luck in the 10th with #5 Marking, another late gate sct!

I'm fuckin due tomorrow!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Who do we like tomorrow?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Who do we like tomorrow?

SPA SATURDAY

Race 5 - #6 - ROYAL SAINT - ASSMAN has this one primed.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Have a big double alive to royal saint. Only one I'm really worried about is the 1. He got pounded late in the doubles and he has cheateracobson in his corner
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Also just watched the one race of royal saint from a year ago. Fourth place finisher was keen ice. Thought that was interesting