Possible stakes horse debuting tomorrow (8/16)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 4

#8 Ekhtibaar (5/2 ml)

Caught this one working h/u with Daring Kathy, an older graded-stakes winner who is 7-for-11 lifetime. This one has also worked h/u with Swear By It, an older allowance winner who is 2-for-3 lifetime. Also appears to have possibly outworked Lady Devil back in mid-July, prior to that one running a strong second behind Just Wicked back on opening weekend (Just Wicked then returned to win the Adirondack Stakes this afternoon).

Going further, note that Javier Castellano is getting off the the 3/1 ml Pletcher entrant (#1 Unbridled Daddy) in order to ride this first-time starter.

Sadly, i'm not expecting much of a price, considering the 5/2 ml (with Chad Brown's name attached), not to mention the Castellano thing. Just a heads-up more than anything. I'll be willing to take a pretty short price with her though; probably all the way down into the 3/2 range. Think this colt reeks of stakes quality...

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I think you may get a better price than you think?

My Boyz have a line on one running in race 8. Going one mile on the inner turf, where speed has been king.
    #9 ALL DAY ALICE, 6-1
    NY Bred filly has been stabled at Arlington and working over the poly. Her last is a throw-out where she went to the GII Indiana Oaks and faced a muddy track. Before that, she showed plenty of speed before coming up short going 1 11/16. Cut-back to one mile today and this one promises to be very live and the unknown connex of Jon Cowan will guarantee a honest price! I'm thinking 8-1 or so and going with a across the board play!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Race 10 today at the Spa is one of those where the top bred fillies make a debut going long on the turf.
    I'm using multi-horse plays in the horizontals and I'm not leaving #7 GIRLS SECRET, 6-1 out of the mix.
    $500k kee sale out of Giants Causeway and she has been working in secret at Dutrow's FAI track. Keep a look at the tote and if she goes down a click or two jump in! 5--7--8--10 in the exotics should work?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Saratoga - Race 4

#8 Ekhtibaar (5/2 ml)

Caught this one working h/u with Daring Kathy, an older graded-stakes winner who is 7-for-11 lifetime. This one has also worked h/u with Swear By It, an older allowance winner who is 2-for-3 lifetime. Also appears to have possibly outworked Lady Devil back in mid-July, prior to that one running a strong second behind Just Wicked back on opening weekend (Just Wicked then returned to win the Adirondack Stakes this afternoon).

Going further, note that Javier Castellano is getting off the the 3/1 ml Pletcher entrant (#1 Unbridled Daddy) in order to ride this first-time starter.

Sadly, i'm not expecting much of a price, considering the 5/2 ml (with Chad Brown's name attached), not to mention the Castellano thing. Just a heads-up more than anything. I'll be willing to take a pretty short price with her though; probably all the way down into the 3/2 range. Think this colt reeks of stakes quality...

My girlfriend says he outlooks the field.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    My girlfriend says he outlooks the field.

Haha who Maggie?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Pretty happy with the 2/1 right now. Let's hope it works out.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Hopped a bit at the break to be off last, then had to steady going into the first turn. Thought he ran okay after that (maybe could've switched leads a little quicker after turning into the stretch). Good chance next time, I would think.
    edited August 2015
    I like 6th race 1-Theatric
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Haha who Maggie?

Uh-huh. That 'uhhhh' noise she makes when she wants to say something negative, but she's trying to be nice is so fucking sexy. And she knows horses.
    edited August 2015
    Tried getting near her yesterday to grab a pic with her but no luck!