Irad to Chi-Town

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I haven't been following Arlington Park like I once did. Don't know why, just haven't?

Saturday is Millions Day!

I suspect most dumb money will be on Big Blue Kitten or some Euro? Not me--I'm going with Irad Ortiz and his mount, #2 SLUMBER, 7/2.

His race on Belmont day in the Manhattan was really impressive. Unfortunately, I had Kitten keyed in all wagers, but I sort of blame owner Michael Dubb for not telling us that Slumber was fitted for blinkers on for the first time in his career and that he responded favorably. I won't get fooled again! Not to mention Irad is on---and he is as good as anyone at waiting until a hole opens up and then get going, which in a field of 13 will come in handy!

The other turf races are tough to figure? Tough handicapping to say the least!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I have some interest in that unbeaten Italian horse (in the Secretariat). Gonna try and scan the Euro sites tonight and see what (if anything) I can find on him. Probably hasn't faced much over there, but looks like he's been pretty highly regarded from Day One. He got bet down to even-money in his debut, and has been odds-on ever since, with no hiccups. Can't say anything bad about him to this point; could be any kind. Read something in DRF about him being purchased privately by an Australian group to run in the Cox Plate later this year.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    The Italian horse, Goldstream, is taking serious money, is down to 5/2 with about 10 mtp.

I looked at the video of past two and, like you, I'm not sire what she beat?
    That said, I went pretty heavy, W/P, on #6 Highland Reel. Good Luck!
    edited August 2015
    I'm not sure what HE beat!
    edited August 2015
    Not sure what happened to Slumber? He was huggin the rail going into the turn for home when he suddenly went from about 6th to DFL! Must have been checked hard? He picked it up late and passed a few.

But, what about THE PIZZA MAN!!!!!

Talk about some home cookin! He loves the Arlington turf track and really showed it today. I wish I'd been there! Hope Nate and John and the gang had a big day!

For Chicago fans, The Pizza Man's win was akin to Ernie Banks hitting the walk-off homer in the All-Star game at Wrigley! And for those of you that are too young to remember Ernie Banks(Dirty), there is a thing out there called Google!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Fucking Irad is a monster.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    5 winners today damn
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    5 winners today damn

Just got another one up. He's in the zone that Joel was in right around AK's Dubai win.