Spa Sunday--CCAO Race 10

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I learned a long time ago not to let personal feelings get in the way of playing a horse. If I did I sure wouldn't play a horse trained by Larry Jones(don't ask why, just trust me on this one). But he has given this top filly two months off and she is primed for a top effort.

#8 I'M A CHATTERBOX, 5/2

Her 3rd place finish in the Ky Oaks is a throw-out. She had put in a long hard spring down in NOLA and it showed. This Fletcher Gray homebred has speed and stamina and she needed a rest. She got it and has been kicking down her stall at Delaware Park. This will be a large wager on my ticket but with the others entered I still think 3-1 will be about right.

#6 Keen Pauline would be my 2nd pick, all signs about her conditioning look positive.

Who gets up for the tri is up for grabs, but safe to say Curlina, Include Betty, and Wonder Gal should be in the mix.

These three year old fillies are not as strong and seasoned as the colts and need more time between races. That said, here is my ticket:

#8 Win
Exacta 8-6
Tri 8--6--3/5/7
Super 8--6--3/5/7

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

The rest of the card is just average, so I'm going to the lake and boat around and try to beat the 100 degree day. Be home just in time for Del Mar!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2015
    I have a ton of interest in Sage Hall (Race 6) today. A little concerned because they're having rain in the area. Will update later when sractches and course conditions become known. Big longshot with a solid chance in here...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I learned a long time ago not to let personal feelings get in the way of playing a horse. If I did I sure wouldn't play a horse trained by Larry Jones(don't ask why, just trust me on this one). But he has given this top filly two months off and she is primed for a top effort.

#8 I'M A CHATTERBOX, 5/2

Her 3rd place finish in the Ky Oaks is a throw-out. She had put in a long hard spring down in NOLA and it showed. This Fletcher Gray homebred has speed and stamina and she needed a rest. She got it and has been kicking down her stall at Delaware Park. This will be a large wager on my ticket but with the others entered I still think 3-1 will be about right.

#6 Keen Pauline would be my 2nd pick, all signs about her conditioning look positive.

Who gets up for the tri is up for grabs, but safe to say Curlina, Include Betty, and Wonder Gal should be in the mix.

These three year old fillies are not as strong and seasoned as the colts and need more time between races. That said, here is my ticket:

#8 Win
    Exacta 8-6
    Tri 8--6--3/5/7
    Super 8--6--3/5/7

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

The rest of the card is just average, so I'm going to the lake and boat around and try to beat the 100 degree day. Be home just in time for Del Mar!

Couldn't agree more with the card being average thought the same as you only playing 1 horse same race as you but different horse.

2- Chide Thought she ran a great race in her even though Rosario had her about 6 wide coming around the far turn and down the stretch. Going to give them another shot here. Good Luck
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I have a ton of interest in Sage Hall (Race 6) today. A little concerned because they're having rain in the area. Will update later when sractches and course conditions become known. Big longshot with a solid chance in here...

Trainer and Jock have both been hot so far at the meet. Price looks good!