Saturday plays

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 1

#6 Metal Magic (4/1 ml)

Saratoga - Race 9

#9 Twirling Cinnamon (10/1 ml)

PS - i also have mucho interest in #8 Cocked and Loaded (3/1 ml). Will probably play an exacta box, in addition to my win bet.

Both Metal Magic and Twirling Cinnamon are coming out of the same race @ Churchill last month. Two horses from that race have already returned to win. Here's the replay....

Metal Magic is the grey horse who breaks in front; Twirling Cinnamon is the #4 horse who's stuck in traffic much of the way. Each of them finished very fast (6 flat for the final sixteenth, while opening up a half-dozen lengths on the rest of the field). In addition, should Metal Magic indeed win the first race, that would make Twirling Cinnamon look even stronger in the featured ninth race.

Race 2 (MSW) at CD on 6/19/15 at Churchill Downs on Jun 19, 2015 | Race Result | BloodHorse.com

I also like one @ Del Mar:

Del Mar - Race 6

#4 Dressed In Hermes (12/1 ml)

Trainer Janet Armstrong has basically been MIA for several years, but she is/was quite capable with first-time starters, and i've never seen a 2yo work in 1:10 and change @ San Luis Rey before. She also happened to win a race with this same rider aboard (on another longshot) just a couple of days ago. Sure looks like she means business with this one.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I guess DC didn't bother to read my post from yesterday? AND, who could blame him--I haven't put out a winner since Oaklawn Park! I'll bump it up and we can all go to the bank together or all burn in flames!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2015
    I guess DC didn't bother to read my post from yesterday? AND, who could blame him--I haven't put out a winner since Oaklawn Park! I'll bump it up and we can all go to the bank together or all burn in flames!

Yeah, I missed it. Sorry...

Metal Magic was a scratch, btw.
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Del Mar

4th #7 GREAT LOU
    5th #4 LUCKBOX SAM
    6th #1 PATH OF DAVID
    7th #11 ZANBO
    8th #7 SAMMY MANDEVILLE
    9th #9 AIRFOIL
    10th #2 FOOLISH WAYS

Shootin' for the moon today.Hope you guys/girls cash big today.

T.G.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Exaggerator looked really good. Horrible trip, and still muscled up.
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Went out on a,girls night out,come home and logged onto CalRacin to watch the replays and yikes,I sucked today and didn't do so well yesterday either.One more day to play b/c I only wager on weekends. The last race Talamo brought home a nice overlay for me but chit,It sure didn't put me in the positive.Hope you all did better. Gdnight.

T.G.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Metal Magic is back on Saturday 1st race 4-1. Talk to me what are we doing with this horse?