MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Who do we like today?

5th Race 1-Set The Trappe

7th Race 5- Regents House

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2015
    In the 5th, i believe that Saratoga Mischief worked heads-up from the gate (on July 4) with Competitive Edge.

Only problem is, Saratoga MIshief is showing the gate insignia (Bg), while Competitive Edge does not. Gotta be a typo though. They're both trained by Pletcher, they both worked a bullet in identical times (48.04), but one worked from the gate and the other didn't? Not buying it.

That being said, with the small amount of uncertainty there, combined with a 5/2 ml and Pletcher's name attached, i'm passing.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    The thing that scares me is Cintron is on my horse in the 5th. Don't really know much about him. As for Regents House love the breeding of that horse
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Alex Cintron is a top jock in the Mid-Atlantic circuit, and he is a go to guy for the "other Dutrow", Tony.

Ark Racing Commissioner Lieblong used to send all his stock to Steve Hobby, but he is spending a lot more $$$ these days at Keeneland and his better quality horses are going to Dutrow. I hate the rail for a firster, but if he is as crazy as his dams bloodline(Broad Brush) he may just take off out of there and save ground and wire the field?

I'm going to play around with some exotics using 1--6--7--9

GL!
    edited July 2015
    Alex Cintron is a top jock in the Mid-Atlantic circuit, and he is a go to guy for the "other Dutrow", Tony.

Ark Racing Commissioner Lieblong used to send all his stock to Steve Hobby, but he is spending a lot more $$$ these days at Keeneland and his better quality horses are going to Dutrow. I hate the rail for a firster, but if he is as crazy as his dams bloodline(Broad Brush) he may just take off out of there and save ground and wire the field?

I'm going to play around with some exotics using 1--6--7--9

GL!

Great thanks! Good Luck in the 1st. Another no thinking angle I use at Saratoga is when you have a race with a bunch of first time starters I always found it profitable to play a horse who has a start under him or box the horses together that already have starts under them.
    1st: 6-Metal Magic
    3rd: Good mix of horses in here no play
    5th: 2-Deep in a Dream
    7-Show Bound
    8-Silvertown
    edited July 2015
    Only time that angle came into play yesterday was the 6th: Only horse with a start Just Wicked He won and paid $8.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    WOW!
    Sct really hit hard!
    1st --- the TAP runner and Metal Magic both sct---I guess they heard about the Casse firster--who is currently 3/5!

5th--Set the Trappe is also sct

in the 9th--Assman's Payne's Prairie is sct
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    mike cintron is a very good jock...leading jock at del...
    edited July 2015
    Thanks horse ended up scr
    edited July 2015
    race3...9 swagger jagger...5-1 right now going long for connex hitting at 31%..
    edited July 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    race3...9 swagger jagger...5-1 right now going long for connex hitting at 31%..

Played him and boxed with the #1
    edited July 2015
    im going to play danzig storm to win and then wait for late pk4..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2015
    In the 5th, i believe that Saratoga Mischief worked heads-up from the gate (on July 4) with Competitive Edge.

Only problem is, Saratoga MIshief is showing the gate insignia (Bg), while Competitive Edge does not. Gotta be a typo though. They're both trained by Pletcher, they both worked a bullet in identical times (48.04), but one worked from the gate and the other didn't? Not buying it.

That being said, with the small amount of uncertainty there, combined with a 5/2 ml and Pletcher's name attached, i'm passing.

Horse went off @ 6/1 and won the race....
    edited July 2015
    looked good doing it to.. it was a tough race..few horses out of there will win next out..
    edited August 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Who do we like today?

5th Race 1-Set The Trappe

7th Race 5- Regents House

Set the Trappe is in 3rd race Satatoga