Saratoga - Race 6 (no play, just info)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
No play here, just thought you guys might find this interesting...

The filly i was mostly looking at in this race (#9 Lady Devil, 6/1 ml) came back largely inconclusive. I initially liked her because she brought $240,000 at the March Ocala Sale (despite her sire's stud fee being a paltry $5,000, so she must've really turned some heads at the sale), and her trainer Chad Brown is very good with 2yo first-time starters.

Alas, her two most recent drills came heads-up with an unraced barnmate named Fast Star, which tells me nothing. No other notable works to mention. I then looked up her under-tack time from the sale (20.4, and was even able to find a nice video, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiwAEyioVpc ), but that was two ticks off the show's best, and at least a few others had identical times, so it doesn't look like anything too extraordinary. So Lady Devil is a pass, unfortunately.

However, i did find some good info on #6 Anna House (2/1 ml). In her most recent drill, she actually outworked a barnmate named Feathered, extremely noteworthy because Feathered happens to be an older graded stakes winner who most recently ran a close second behind Spanish Queen in the Grade 1 American Oaks.

Also, in her previous drill, she worked (almost) heads-up from the gate with unraced 2yo barnmate Rachel's Valentina, who is the second foal from the superstar filly Rachel Alexandra, and has reportedly been looking very good in the mornings.

So, Anna House appears to be the one to beat here, but @ 2/1 morning line (and hailing from the barn of Todd Pletcher), there's no chance she'll be playable here.

Nothing notable on any of the other entrants, either. So the race is a total pass...

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I think Anna House wins for fun but not sure I'm going to like 2/5. Like the #1 Lemon Liqueur in the 2nd. Prob another bet down favorite.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2015
    If Lemon Liqueur does win, then you can upgrade the chances of Silky Girl in the 6th. They worked heads-up together on three different occasions.

Worth noting though, Violette does most of his damage with juveniles who are coming out of those 2yo's-in-training sales (particularly those owned by Klaravich Stables). Neither Lemon Liqueur or Silky Girl fit that profile.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Well....
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Guess I know what exacta I will be playing in the 6th
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I'd already marked the race 4---5--6 ex bx, even before Lemon Liqueur won easily(inquiry and Jock objection notwithstanding). Looks like I'll just up my bet!

Good info on a couple of Spa races on Saturday. I'll throw it up somewhere in a few hours.