Belmont Wednesday--Trainer Info

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Time to get back to the "meat & potatoes" of racing-- a non-descript mid-week card at Belmont. I picked up on a little info this weekend, to-wit:

Race 2
#5 STONE CRAB, 5-1
NY Breds
Word I got is that this one is set to run a good race. On paper it looks like he fits, and Rudy has told the owners to go to the windows! We know what that means!!!! Nuff Said!

Race 6
#3 WHOOPIE PIE, 6-1
7f on turf
Joe Sharp has been training what?? a year or so? I can"t think of any trainer who has burst on the scene like he has! FYI, he now has 70 horses in his stable, split between NY & Kentucky, and word is he has a good crop of 2yo too! Sure doesn"t hurt that he is new father and husband to Rosie! He was in KY this weekend but I had a talk with his asst, Cody, who was formerly a Tony Dutrow asst. Word is that this one is coming in after winning at the $40k level and now jumps up to $50k clm. Trainer says this is one who is in best form of career and one that he thinks continues winning ways. I asked Cody to throw me a bone and hopefully he threw me a Bone-In-Ribeye!

I'm playing both of these fairly big on a W/P wager. Hope they get there and that anyone who listened to my rant on Promise Me Silver can make up for that dismal run with some good returns here!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments