Got our Trip Crown Winner.....Now What???

Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
edited June 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
All of us hoped for the past several years and 13 tough misses since to see another horse added to the list of greats. Now that we finally have him.....What is next?????? I wonder if next years triple crown will have a little lag in the enthusiasm or????? even more excitement!!

Comments

• TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    His Connections say he will race thru the year. Do you think any of his elders can run with this big dog?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2015
    TurferGirl wrote: »
    His Connections say he will race thru the year. Do you think any of his elders can run with this big dog?

Well, Shared Belief is out fort the year...

FWIW, i've seen nothing to suggest that Firing Line can't run with him. The Preakness result is a complete throwout, imo. American Pharoah is almost certainly the better horse, but Firing Line is not hopelessly overmatched; far from it.

Dortmund is in there somewhere also, i'm sure. All three are extremely high-quality animals. And Frosted has certainly looked like a new horse since the throat surgery. Nice 3yo crop, for sure.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    TurferGirl wrote: »

Have to see if a older horse steps up. Haven't really seen much though. I also agree with DC, if firing line gets a fast track then I can see him getting beat..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    Have to see if a older horse steps up. Haven't really seen much though. I also agree with DC, if firing line gets a fast track then I can see him getting beat..

Might happen in The Travers?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Well, Shared Belief is out fort the year...

FWIW, i've seen nothing to suggest that Firing Line can't run with him. The Preakness result is a complete throwout, imo. American Pharoah is almost certainly the better horse, but Firing Line is not hopelessly overmatched; far from it.

Dortmund is in there somewhere also, i'm sure. All three are extremely high-quality animals. And Frosted has certainly looked like a new horse since the throat surgery. Nice 3yo crop, for sure.

Did I miss something regarding SB being out for the year? Everything I've seen indicates a return near the end of the summer?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    At the Wynn in LV SB is 5-2 for the classic..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Just read he is staying east! Prob either The Jim Dandy it Haskell
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Right now as it stands Tonalist & Honor Code appear to be the best of the elders. Looking forward to hopefully seeing A.P.and H.C. both make it to The Breeders Cup healthy and Fit.