Churchill Memorial Day

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Great card!

The horses who came over from Oaklawn have more than held their own vs ones who wintered down at Gulfstream, and the odds have been much better. Weather is a question mark so I'll wait until Monday sct are out before the races are chosen. But I can tell you now that Roll Tide Roll and Yockeys Warrior will be a exotic key in the 9th.

Check back tomorrow!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Great card!

The horses who came over from Oaklawn have more than held their own vs ones who wintered down at Gulfstream, and the odds have been much better. Weather is a question mark so I'll wait until Monday sct are out before the races are chosen. But I can tell you now that Roll Tide Roll and Yockeys Warrior will be a exotic key in the 9th.

Check back tomorrow!

John, an odd thing I've noticed from the OP shippers is that the allowance/msw crew have been running well but the lower level claimers have no fared well at all.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    John, an odd thing I've noticed from the OP shippers is that the allowance/msw crew have been running well but the lower level claimers have no fared well at all.

Chris Hartman has a couple of cheaper ones going on Monday. He took the trainer title from the Assman this year and he took his better stock to CD for the first time ever. He has them spotted where they can win and he is no coward when it comes to claiming. Villafranco is shipping all over from CD to Prairie Meadows and Indiana Downs. If the rain comes on Monday, the OP shippers have a big advantage, cause it rained damned near every day this year at OP. Ronnie Moquett has one tomorrow who is listed at 10-1, and today McPeek won every race he had one in! I'll know more tomorrow when I talk to the Boyz?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Chris Hartman has a couple of cheaper ones going on Monday. He took the trainer title from the Assman this year and he took his better stock to CD for the first time ever. He has them spotted where they can win and he is no coward when it comes to claiming. Villafranco is shipping all over from CD to Prairie Meadows and Indiana Downs. If the rain comes on Monday, the OP shippers have a big advantage, cause it rained damned near every day this year at OP. Ronnie Moquett has one tomorrow who is listed at 10-1, and today McPeek won every race he had one in! I'll know more tomorrow when I talk to the Boyz?

moquett has heykittykittykitty in the stake race @8-1 ml...speedy gal who is in good form but will need to jump up to win..Spring included looks really tough in there and will be a bet for me if I get 3-1..
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    The rain is coming, expected to start mid-afternoon. My rocky-top mountain farm is surrounded by flood waters, and the Arkansas River crested last night from Ft. Smith all the way to the Mississippi Delta. That front is on its way to Kentucky and it ain't pretty. However, it will sure favor frontrunners and race 9 has a couple who will come close to setting records.

#1 Roll Tide Roll, 3-1, is coming off of two races where he was ridden by Johnny V and he looks like a top sprinter. The "Catman" goes with Shaun Bridgmohan and he is the one to beat. Rail post should work out fine because he will be chasing a real freak who is drawn just to his outside, #2 Yockey's Warrior, 5/2, is a real speed freak. The 6 1/2 distance is a test and it should be a ding-dong battle all the way to the finish. Fractional times of 21 and 44 would not surprise me? After these two it is wide open, but the Boyz like the Doug Matthews horse, Wake Up Joe and the Assman / Winchell Tapit Wicked. The 3 looks like he also could get a piece?

Tri Play

1/2---1/2---3/7/8

Race 10 is the Winning Colors Stakes, and Ronnie Moquett thinks #4 HEYKITTYKITTYKITTY, 8-1, will be part of the mix. The Boyz have done well on these types, but she is hooked tough so I'm playing a 4 horse tri box with 4-7-9-10.

Every Chris Hartman horse will be a win/place/show play. His barn is hotter than a cheap pistol and today should be another winning day for him. Race 2 #4 Collin's Smile is the most likely winner on the day!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Great card!

Check back tomorrow!

Oaklawn 26 wins

Gulfstream 11

This is through yesterday!
  • n---cn---c Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    trainer, puts up big numbers and wins... now steps the horse up and again wins easy... 5/2:thumbup: race number 2.