Madefromlucky

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
A buddy of mine that works on the backside over heard a conservation after MADEFROMLUCKY worked this morning. A very certain person with TAP's team stated that's the best he has ever worked and come out of a work. Some horse get good real quick and surprise you real fast. This one might just be coming into his own and will be the longest price of the TAP runners. He also noted that Carpe Diem looked fair after working heads up with MADEFROMLUCKY and stated to me, he'll be shocked this one runs in two weeks. Well see!! This has nothing to do with AP winning, he's the best horse on paper and should win if he's ready to fire. This is just a nugget to pass along for exotics runners.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Another little nugget for tomorrow:

Churchill race 4 2:14 EDT
    2yo msw 5f

#2 CRAP SHOOT, 3-1

Word from the Boyz who have been training over at The T-Bred Center
    is that this one will speed-pop from the rail and never look back. Blood lines trace to Tapit/Gone West and Ronnie Moq says this one is the real deal. Assman-Calhoun/Short entries should guarantee an honest price, but it depends on the info floating around CD? 7/2 seems about right!

Jockey decision on Madefromlucky will tell us a lot.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    FB do you know who frosted worked with???watched his work today and his work mate was going really nice...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Another little nugget for tomorrow:

Churchill race 4 2:14 EDT
    2yo msw 5f

#2 CRAP SHOOT, 3-1

Word from the Boyz who have been training over at The T-Bred Center
    is that this one will speed-pop from the rail and never look back. Blood lines trace to Tapit/Gone West and Ronnie Moq says this one is the real deal. Assman-Calhoun/Short entries should guarantee an honest price, but it depends on the info floating around CD? 7/2 seems about right!

Jockey decision on Madefromlucky will tell us a lot.

#2 Shoot Craps ? I liked him last week but he was the scratched entry on the Preakness card. Good Luck
    edited May 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    FB do you know who frosted worked with???watched his work today and his work mate was going really nice...

He looks like a good one!

Just sent to Kiaran a couple of weeks ago from Dubai, where he has won 4 in a row, including the Godolphin Mile. Plan are to run him in the Met Mile on Belmont Day. Kiaran likes him a lot! Name is TAMARKUZ, and he is out of Speightstown. Reports from latest heads up work with Frosted are that he could have had his way with Frosted at any time during the work. Definitely one to keep an eye on leading up to his U.S. debut.
    edited May 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    #2 Shoot Craps ? I liked him last week but he was the scratched entry on the Preakness card. Good Luck

Yeh, I can't get the name right, deslexia I guess! Name is SHOOT CRAPS, and he scratched out of a 2yo race on Preakness day when a Wesley Ward 2yo absolutely destroyed the field at a very short price. I don't know much about the trainer, Dane Kobisky, but he appears to have horsed stabled at Laurel and at the T-Bred Center in Lexington. I hate a first timer coming out of the rail post, but at 5f if he breaks like he has been training he will be forwardly placed and if the track is wet, he will be tough?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    He looks like a good one!

Just sent to Kiaran a couple of weeks ago from Dubai, where he has won 4 in a row, including the Godolphin Mile. Plan are to run him in the Met Mile on Belmont Day. Kiaran likes him a lot! Name is TAMARKUZ, and he is out of Speightstown. Reports from latest heads up work with Frosted are that he could have had his way with Frosted at any time during the work. Definitely one to keep an eye on leading up to his U.S. debut.

TAMARKUZ is going in the Met Mile!
    edited May 2015
    thanks JG, FB...IMO he was going much smoother then frosted...never being asked...
    edited May 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    thanks JG, FB...IMO he was going much smoother then frosted...never being asked...

Also to let you know, Frosted big work was last week! This work on yesterday was his maintenance work.
    edited May 2015
    4f 47.3 breezing best of 31.
    edited May 2015
    hes going to be a clear 2nd choice IMO..
    edited May 2015
    Well my contact from the backside, text me this morning and stated MADEFROMLUCKY came out of his work AWESOME!! I'm not saying this colt can beat AP, but he will be a huge price in two weeks and at this time I'm going to use him in my plays. Also I'm looking to score in matchup's with him. I've really cashed some big matchup's in the KY Derby and Preakness. Most off shore books have multiple matchup listed. The three I use had 10+ for Ky Derby and Preakness. I only can play $500 max, but there is tremendous value. Now back to MADEFROMLUCKY some horses, really excel over Big Sandy and it looks as this one LOVES the main!! That is huge when running over this track. We'll see!!
    edited May 2015
    you are right..the big sandy is a different animal..great info FB..
    edited May 2015
    I also received a little nugget on Keen Ice, he's doing much better coming into the Belmont than any of his prior races. My contact is expecting a big run from him at Big Sandy. I've never been high on this colt and I think he's just a big slow plodder. He has to have a complete pace meltdown to win IMO for any race he runs in much less the Belmont Stakes. I might use him in the 3rd / 4th holes in my super, but I personally just don't care for this horse. But I pay attention to info, and it will only cost a few bucks more to use him in those spots. Is he Romans Medal Count this year??? We'll See!
    edited May 2015
    My backside connection, text me earlier this morning and says Carpe Diem looks nothing like he did coming into the Ky Derby or Blue Grass. This might be one to take a stand against in matchups, if they put him in the gate. He thinks he will be pulled from the race by the end of this weekend. We shall see!!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Mike Welsch reported that Carpe Diem and Madefromlucky worked together this morning at Belmont, "neither all that impressive".
    Carpe Diem finished about a length ahead
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    My backside connection, text me earlier this morning and says Carpe Diem looks nothing like he did coming into the Ky Derby or Blue Grass. This might be one to take a stand against in matchups, if they put him in the gate. He thinks he will be pulled from the race by the end of this weekend. We shall see!!

Duly noted, thanks.
    edited May 2015
    Jerman wrote: »
    Mike Welsch reported that Carpe Diem and Madefromlucky worked together this morning at Belmont, "neither all that impressive".
    Carpe Diem finished about a length ahead

I read that, but I'm wondering if that was by TAP design of that big 59 work last week? He doesn't need another 59 or fast work a week out from a 1 1/2. But nonetheless discouraging info. AP really should JOG against this field. Frosted probably the only challenger down the lane!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I heard the 6 in the first at Indiana is a nice one. That's strange info, I know. But that's what I heard.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I heard the 6 in the first at Indiana is a nice one. That's strange info, I know. But that's what I heard.

Never fun losing when a quarter of the money in the win pool is yours.
    edited May 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Never fun losing when a quarter of the money in the win pool is yours.

I'm sure glad I didn't see this until after post. Dirty and a tout from Indiana would have caused me to load up sight unseen!
    On a related note, CD 8th has my tout on #6 ROLL TIDE ROLL, 3-1 ml, and he sct out of a race last weekend and Shaun Bridhmohan was the listed rider. Today Shaun gets off and on a Casse horse, but that is more Jockey/Agent shit then anything else. Jimmy Graham is on Roll Tide Roll and he should help our price. I'm heavy on a W/P and back-up ex bx 1--2--6.
    edited May 2015
    In that same race, CD 8th, Little Donnie has #4 Perfectly, 15-1, and King and I both had him on our lists from Oaklawn. He had some great works and did win once, but nothing since. He scares me, but you can't play em' all!
    edited June 2015

Well we won't get out chance to cash match ups as Carpe Diem is out, as stated on here way prior to anyone from the big publications. DAMN this SUCKS!!!
    edited June 2015
    Heard The Truth Or Else is also out
    edited June 2015
    Heard The Truth Or Else is also out

I saw that, but CD was a huge BET against for me in match up's. OH WELL. I see AP going off at 3/5 at best, what you think. Not a betting race on my end as of now. Maybe an exacta or two.
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    FB:

Try to catch a late P3 and P4 and hope we can find a few prices to help payout.
    edited June 2015
    I'm leaning towards Frosted or Materiality. Both seems to be wise guy picks which I don't like.
    edited June 2015
    I saw that, but CD was a huge BET against for me in match up's. OH WELL. I see AP going off at 3/5 at best, what you think. Not a betting race on my end as of now. Maybe an exacta or two.

totally agree...no value at all..hopefully im alive in the exotics going into the belmont..nice info on CD ..love it when you tell us stuff and then its breaking news 3 days later...
    edited June 2015
    I'm leaning towards Frosted or Materiality. Both seems to be wise guy picks which I don't like.

frosted ran a great race in the derby by making up the most ground into that slow pace. materiality also ran a good one because the door totally got slammed shut when they broke..trying to find the betting pools now to see what im going to play..
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Frosted will be fresh and cranked I'm playing him w/p in case something should happen to AP, Joel is great at timing these routes as we saw in last years Belmont.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Though I don't like he has not faired well in his stakes races, Keen Ice was pulled up a bit, then behind traffic and still managed I believe anyways to run the 2nd fastest last leg of the derby