Oaklawn Thursday--Count Fleet Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm leaving the lake and heading over to OP now. The skies are rather dark and local weather folks are calling for strong storms around the post for the Count Fleet. If it comes, they will all be chasing Ivan . King and I both agree that Ivan will take these on a gate-to-wire outing.

For the first time this meet, the track had a lotta bounce yesterday and even the rail was not dead! Don't know what this rain will do to it? Yesterday's times were a good second or two better than some ran in Feb/March.

Race 8

ex bx 6--7---8
tri 6/7---6/7---1/8
superi 6---7---1/5/8---1/5/8

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    one of the greatest claims ive seen! ivan will win but i feel even better if rain starts to fall! he LOVES the slop! Let's break em!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Three weeks ago I made my biggest win bet of the year when an allow race came up for Alsvid. He looked very good winning at 3/5. My gut feeling was that he was in a lot deeper against this group in the Count Fleet. Boy, was I WRONG!!!!

"Crash and speed burn Borel" had Ivan just where he needed to be but couldn't get the last 50 yards. This has become somewhat a typical pattern for Calvin, who will use a horse up early and have nothing left, but in all fairness, Alsvid was just the better horse today. My losing ticket on Ivan was peanuts to what I collected 3 weeks ago on Alsvid, so I shouldn't complain.

The heavy rain came thru about 8:00 last night and it really came down! Track should be a little wet Friday morning but should be just fine by early afternoon as weather for Friday and Saturday looks great!

The winning time for Alsvid was 1:09 1/5 , which is , by Oaklawn standards, really fast. Gentleman's Bet burned a lot of $$$$$$ when he ran DFL at 4/5.

If these stay healthy, they are some really fast sprinters!
    edited April 2015
    In the people department, leading jockey Ricardo Santana now has taken off all his mounts for two day with what I'm told is a allergy related chest congestion. If you saw the green dust on my car you could understand. Ramon Vasquez took advantage and had a career day with 5 wins on Thursday.

Assman missed having Santana on his horses, as he failed to make up any ground on Chris Hartman for leading trainer. Two days left and you better look closely at everything the Assman sends out!
    edited April 2015
    I was sitting here typing and realized that I have a winning exacta ticket in my pocket I forgot to cash. $64.00 exacta Alsvid/Ivan.
    Jeeezzz, I feel better about Alsvid winning!!!!
    edited April 2015
    I need coffee----winning time was 1:08 1/5