Withers & RB Lewis

Race606Race606 Junior Member
edited February 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Sat. 2/7/15

AQU R8 Withers

#7 EL Kabier 8/5................looks to be another easy spot...nice colt but I can't see him getting Derby distance

#4 Tencendur 12/1...........fair pedigree...needs to show more speed

#6 General Bellamy 15/1.....another pedigree that's just fair...a good start and lasix may help

#2 Far From Over 5/1......expensive colt...borderline pedigree

Classy Class and March may be over rated but most anything can handle this distance.

SA R5 RB Lewis

#6 Dortmund 4/5.....should be a walk in the park for this nicely inbred colt...has done nothing wrong yet.

#5 Firing Line 7/5....has speed but may have a problem with derby distance.

#1 Tizcano 15/1....has some breeding...slower pace may help to get a piece.

Check my blog for something new on pedigrees this weekend...Backstretchtalks.blogspot.com

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Race606 wrote: »
    #5 Firing Line 7/5....has speed but may have a problem with derby distance.

You could say that about every potential Derby contender in the country. You simply don't know how they're going to react to 1 1/4 miles until they try it (and by then, the race is over).

As for Firing Line in particular, I'm no breeding expert, but his pedigree doesn't exactly scream "sprinter". And besides, he made one heck of an impression in his two-turn debut. That's about all you can ask.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    The thing I like about El Kabier was after he won his MSW at Saratoga (Which everyone in here had except me I had King Rontos who goes tomorrow) he was visually impressive walking to the winners circle like he could go right back out there and run the race again. Can he get that distance, who knows?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    The thing I like about El Kabier was after he won his MSW at Saratoga (Which everyone in here had except me I had King Rontos who goes tomorrow) he was visually impressive walking to the winners circle like he could go right back out there and run the race again. Can he get that distance, who knows?

Don't do it Mike...lol
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Haha don't do what? Play El Kabier? I think he will be to short of a price tomorrow. As for King Rontos? Nah I also think he will be to short of a price
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Haha don't do what? Play El Kabier? I think he will be to short of a price tomorrow. As for King Rontos? Nah I also think he will be to short of a price

I know all the pros hate betting short prices but tthats what exotics are for. I played take charge brandi last sat , just played her for a super and made a lil $. ..
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    R.b .lewis 6/1,2,5/1,2,5/1,2,4,5...maybe 6/2,5/1,2,5/1,2,4,5...