Oaklawn Park--MLK Monday Play

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 7 is a very good bunch of 3yo stretching out to 1 1/16. Don/t be surprised to see the first couple of finishers next appear in the Southwest Stakes?

The one who appears on my boyz list is #6 Poseidon's Way, 10-1, who is a second time starter after circiling the field at Remington and getting the win pulling away. Son of Stormy Atlantic came to Hot Springs and lit up the track in the morning. Jock Luie Q. has been on in the A.M. and thjinks he is very live? You won't get 10-1 as the newspaper handicapper put him on top, but Calvin will take a shitload of $$$ on the FG shipper so Poseidon may go off at 6-1 or so? WPS on #6 and ex bx 3/6/10. The #3 Jumpin Frac Flash, 9/2, is well meant for McPeek barn, and the #10 Majestico, 6-1, is one that Lukas has big plans for going long.

Race 8 Smarty Jones Stakes is a race where you can spend hours trying to beat the fav, #3 Mr. Z, 2-1, but the truth is---he is the speed and proven to get the one mile distance. No value, so I recommend a straight exacta 3---1/6/7.

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    i have tried and tried to beat mr z... i keep thinking, if this race was a 1/16th further i would like my chances of an upset. the short stretch will only help him. i am going to be looking to see if the zayats are in town. this pick 4 could pay boxcars if z loses. who did you like in the 6th. have one ticket with all and i have another with the post time favorite. the most interesting stat i've seen in a while is this

RACETYPE STATS:
    OP 3up ‘MSW 53000 - 60000 6.0f
    #
    FAVORITES
    Races
    Win%
    44%
    ITM%
    69%
    $2ROI
    +0.63
    Average
    Field Size
    Median $2
    Win Payoff
    $7.50
    % Winners
    < 5/1
    94%
    % Winners
    >=5/1 < 10/1
    6%
    % Winners
    > 10/1
    0%
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    In the 6th I am using 2/4/7

7th--3/6/10

8th---3

9th---????? who you like? I like the 1 & 4, and the 5 as a martin bros longshot play?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Danele Durham is confident with Everything Bling in the 9th. I will be in the picture if Ricardo can overcome the 12 hole.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I have some definite interest in Hebbronville in the Smarty Jones today.
    edited January 2015
    Race 7 is a very good bunch of 3yo stretching out to 1 1/16. Don/t be surprised to see the first couple of finishers next appear in the Southwest Stakes?

The one who appears on my boyz list is #6 Poseidon's Way, 10-1, who is a second time starter after circiling the field at Remington and getting the win pulling away. Son of Stormy Atlantic came to Hot Springs and lit up the track in the morning. Jock Luie Q. has been on in the A.M. and thjinks he is very live? You won't get 10-1 as the newspaper handicapper put him on top, but Calvin will take a shitload of $$$ on the FG shipper so Poseidon may go off at 6-1 or so? WPS on #6 and ex bx 3/6/10. The #3 Jumpin Frac Flash, 9/2, is well meant for McPeek barn, and the #10 Majestico, 6-1, is one that Lukas has big plans for going long.

Doesn't look like there's much speed in that race. Maybe the Dutrow horse (#2 Tekton) can take them gate-to-wire? Or maybe your Remington horse shows some speed coming out of that sprint race?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I played Bayerd in the Smarty Jones today. Horse made me some $$$ at the SPA this summer
  • Race606Race606 Junior Member
    edited January 2015
    Smarty Jones picks by pedigree;

3-1-6-5
    edited January 2015
    Danele Durham is confident with Everything Bling in the 9th. I will be in the picture if Ricardo can overcome the 12 hole.

Just looked at the replay of this one, not bad. Incidentally, she was in now way "rushed" at any point during that race. How that got into the comment line, i have no idea. She was steadied a bit to lose some ground coming out of the gate; nothing too major though.

Btw, it looks like the Kenny Smith firster (Vivian's Legacy) has been working with the McLean Robertson firster from Race 6 (Jean's Beauty). So if that one runs well, you might take that into account.
    edited January 2015

Nice info sir, TY.