Oaklawn Opening weekend

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited June 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Going to be iffy for friday, but i think the chances of racing saturday are about 90 percent right now. man it is great living in a national park but it sure is hard when you cant do anything to the track besides disk it over and over 24/7. anybody going to play this weekend besides john and myself?

fyi- the horses have been out on the track since noon for training :)

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    It's a good thing the price of gas is down---those John Deere Ma`quinas will be going non-stop until the last race on Sunday afternoon!

Forecast is bleak, but I think we will race without interruption? Waiting on entries now, and looking for some that have worked well. Don't pay any attention to the slow workout times, the track is deep and slow and they sure as hell aren't going to put any water on it with a Arctic Blast coming thru!
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing the pp's? Should be up today, not?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    yep! fridays draw completed about an hour and a half ago! let the capping begin. John is right about the track being tiring right now.
    edited January 2015
    king,
    see what you can find out about Calhoun's entry in the Dixie belle. 8th on Friday. #9 PROMISE ME SILVER, is 4 for 4 in three different states, but is working down at fairgrounds. Curious to know if she is at track yet and if so, how she seems to be handling the track. She could very well be a late pick 4 single, but I'm more inclined to look for one with good local works over the OP surface.

Race 9 is a dandy for 3yo colts sprinting 6f. Two that have worked well and been talked about are #7 Roma Road, who Vance just had gelded and he came to the track and lit it up. Another is Moquett's #8 CHARNOCKS, who was a cheap $8k buy out of Speightstown but he has some very good works over the OP strip. Moquette likes him in a sneaky way? Hard not to like Assman/Winchell #2 TAPIT WICKED, 3 starts and three 2nd places is not bad, but again, no local works?
    edited January 2015
    Well Shit, wrong again, Tapit Wicked worked this morning at OP and covered 4f in 51.20 82/112, but you know how the Assman works his under a stranglehold!
    edited January 2015
    Forgive me, in advance, but what is the name of the fairly low profile trainer that always has his stable ready to run early in the meet?

I've cashed on him, plenty, but cannot remember the trainers name!
    edited January 2015
    Polamalu43 wrote: »
    Forgive me, in advance, but what is the name of the fairly low profile trainer that always has his stable ready to run early in the meet?

I've cashed on him, plenty, but cannot remember the trainers name!

You might be thinking of Cody Autrey. He has a stable of mostly Steve Landers horses who he picks up in California during the Fall with his sights set on winning a owners title at Oaklawn. Last year most were ridden by Norberto Arroyo, Jr. but he is M.I.A. so I don't know who he will use in 2015.
    edited January 2015
    John,

That is him, thanks for the information!
    edited January 2015
    I'll get some info on those runners. Also, it is cody autrey. I also look for robertino diodoro to have a good early meet
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Looks like they have pushed it back 1 week....
    edited January 2015
    Losing opening weekend really screwed up my plans! Work on Friday and flu running rampant in my family---I'm next!

Only good news is that for 5 straight days you will never see more full fields than you will see at Oaklawn! I have a couple of 10-1 shots running on Thursday that I will post up tomorrow. You'all know how I like to play 3 horse exacta boxes---and they will pay big---if you can hit one?
    edited January 2015
    You might be thinking of Cody Autrey. He has a stable of mostly Steve Landers horses who he picks up in California during the Fall with his sights set on winning a owners title at Oaklawn. Last year most were ridden by Norberto Arroyo, Jr. but he is M.I.A. so I don't know who he will use in 2015.

There are two running today(Thursday) that Cody Autrey had last year but this year they run from the Chris Hartman barn.

Race 6

#5 PAGANOL, 10-1

Been on the shelf for a year, but he sold for $250k and broke maiden in debut after walking out of the gate and making a very big move late. His next start was in the SW Stakes where everything went wrong, and he came out of that race with serious physical injury. Transferred to Hartman barn who brought him around with cautious works down at Evangeline. Local clockers at OP have been raving about him since he got to Hot Springs.

Race 9

#9 TANZANITE CAT, 10-1

Was well thought of last year in 3yo races, won the Smarty Jones and C Nak came along for the ride. Has his work cut-out today as he is lines up against Ride On Curlin and the always dangerous Bagg O' Day. 5/6/9 ex bx looks like a play, and maybe even a tri?
    edited January 2015
    Love both of those bombs! I debated listing paganol on my new website as my daymaker. ended on Heroic Act. early on i just love seeing consistent workout patterns. this one has worked every week the last month with no hiccups. ricardo santana will make this one better. hoping he stays around his morning line of 9/2 but he won't. hopefully will be 7/2 or 3/1
    edited January 2015
    I'm not using Curlin in the nightcap! Martin brothers have a 30-1 in there who merits a shot? #2 Denali South Peak, 30-1.

My late pick 4 is light:

6th---#5 Paganol
    7th---5--7--11 but I really like Al Stall's #11 Incremental, 9/2 1st time gelding
    8th---#8 Promise Me Silver, 8/5, a single all day long!
    9th---2--5--9

I need a big day from Cliff Berry!
    edited January 2015
    Glad i am not the only one not playing ROC! Not worth it!
    edited January 2015
    I've been told to add the Von Hemel in the 7th--#1 Perfectly
    edited January 2015
    Modified pick 4---subject to sct

6th 5
    7th 1/5/7/9/11
    8th 6
    9th 2/5/9

I added the Assman 2nd time starter in the 7th#9 Holiday Man, 12-1, I heard he has some speed and Ricardo and his maquina might just be out there on the front alone?
    edited January 2015
    Funny you mention that about Perfectly! haha he is my pick of the day! you can also find him in my "Horses to watch" section. he worked in company that day, so the workmate will be live if this one impresses today

Pick of the Day
    edited January 2015
    You're Buddy tyler Baze is on a live one today at SA. race 3 6 1/2 on the downhill turf he has a mount for Sadler who is talk of the town. #3Bench Warrant, 3-1 ml.

Good chance to pick up some extra cash at 4:00 Oaklawn Park Time.

Renee has the flu and her father is in the hospital--but I may show up Saturday by myself. If I do we will meet at Rocky's for early morning anchovie pizza and beer!
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I like #9 Prospect Knight in the 3rd

R2 P4 5,6,8 / 9 / 2,3,5,6 / 2,8
    R2 P3 5,6,8 / 9 / 2,8
    R3 P3 9 / 2,3,5,6 / 2,8
    edited January 2015
    I hope you're right about Prospect Knight!

I've hitched my wagon to every Hartman/Berry combo running today!
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I like #9 Prospect Knight in the 3rd

R2 P3 5,6,8 / 9 / 2,8
    R3 P3 9 / 2,3,5,6 / 2,8

I goofed on one. Should read:
    R2 P3 5,6,8 / 9 / 2,3,5,6
    R3 P3 9 / 2,3,5,6 / 2,8

GL today boys
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Below are EXOTIC HORSES ONLY, I'm using some new data with raw numbers right now and want to pass this along to you all. I have charted it for 90 days now and for exotic runners it has been doing well. So I run them for Oaklawn today for you all.

Good Luck!!

RACE 1 - #7

RACE 2 - #2

RACE 3 - #7

RACE 4 - #2,#4,#8

RACE 5 - #11

RACE 6 - NOTHING

RACE 7 - NOTHING

RACE 8 - #1,#6, & #9

RACE 9 - #10 / #12
    edited January 2015
    I also heard this morning, that Bullet Bob is sending American Pharoah to the Rebel in March!!!
    edited January 2015
    big time news. BIG TIME. i feel like this could be his best he has brought in the last 5/6 years
    edited January 2015
    big time news. BIG TIME. i feel like this could be his best he has brought in the last 5/6 years

What is the date of the Rebel??
    edited January 2015
    March 14. Three graded stakes that day. (Razorback and Azeri)
    edited January 2015
    you coming??
    edited June 2015
    There are two running today(Thursday) that Cody Autrey had last year but this year they run from the Chris Hartman barn.

Race 6

#5 PAGANOL, 10-1

Been on the shelf for a year, but he sold for $250k and broke maiden in debut after walking out of the gate and making a very big move late. His next start was in the SW Stakes where everything went wrong, and he came out of that race with serious physical injury. Transferred to Hartman barn who brought him around with cautious works down at Evangeline. Local clockers at OP have been raving about him since he got to Hot Springs.

Race 9

#9 TANZANITE CAT, 10-1

Was well thought of last year in 3yo races, won the Smarty Jones and C Nak came along for the ride. Has his work cut-out today as he is lines up against Ride On Curlin and the always dangerous Bagg O' Day. 5/6/9 ex bx looks like a play, and maybe even a tri?

Goes tonight in the $500k stakes at CD. 20-1 ml
    A must use in all exotic wagers!