Pace scenarios

risky101risky101 Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
I read in article talking about the new dirt track at Santa Anita and most races being won by horses 1-2 lengths off the pace at first call, so imma bet based on that knowledge in the BC classic.

Need some input here. we know bayern will want the lead and probably get it. Moreno also wants the lead but isn't fast enough to get it ( I think) so he will try and sit second. From what I hear cigar street stalks the pace and I know CC will want to be up front also. I think shared belief will try to sit 5-6-7 place. any thoughts?

Comments

• risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    also footbridge and prayer for relief look like the want to stay closer to the middle and not too far off the pace.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    risky101 wrote: »
    I read in article talking about the new dirt track at Santa Anita and most races being won by horses 1-2 lengths off the pace at first call, so imma bet based on that knowledge in the BC classic.

Need some input here. we know bayern will want the lead and probably get it. Moreno also wants the lead but isn't fast enough to get it ( I think) so he will try and sit second. From what I hear cigar street stalks the pace and I know CC will want to be up front also. I think shared belief will try to sit 5-6-7 place. any thoughts?

I just don't know which BAYERN is going to show up? But I'm not leaving him out of my exotic boxes just in case he runs back to some of his better races. I've been lucky enough to see him 3 times this year and he is a fast horse---1 1/4 is the big Q???

Cigar Street is a real sleeper in here, and Shared Belief is a must use. Guess I'm going to fade Chrome, but I might change my mind by tomorrow.

Friday's Distaff is a tough one indeed! I have it narrowed down to 6 horses and can't get off any of them?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    trying to gather a pick 4 and i am tempted to leave it as is even though it is well over 300 dollars... this is tough sledding. if goldencents loses everyone better hold on to their hats.
    edited November 2014
    risky101 wrote: »

The article was right , the winner was definitely 1-2 lengths on the pace, in fact 1,2,3 were all in front the whole way. With the exception of toast of new York my pace scenario was really close. had CC and SB on top of all my exotics with another small bet with zivo on top , so I didn't win but was awesome to see chrome run a good race. He ran the best race in my opinion. he ran a Lil too wide on the final turn and Bayern and toast of new York both had the inside of the track and both questionably impeded shared belief. was a great race nonetheless. only the top 3 made a run down the stretch and all else seem to fade...
  • nonamenoname Junior Member
    edited November 2014
    Chrome wins next out his run was very good.
    edited November 2014
    I was very impressed by CC's run. He was a bit wide on the last turn and we know he doesn't like the inside but if he shows even more improvement and can run between horses that will make him dangerous from all posts...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    The track was an absolute joke. I find it hard to take a lot from that race. The good news? Chrome ran well enough to hopefully make a solid 4yo career. Hopefully the connections have this learned that when he draws inside, he needs to go to the front.