American Pharoah out of Breeders' Cup Juvenile

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
UnReal!!!

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Another talented horse out..I just saw this on drf.
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Makes me sick...was looking so forward to seeing this colt run. Positive news not career threatening.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Was just coming to post about this. Shocking news.

American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile | BloodHorse.com

On a brighter note, at least this makes the Juvenile a more wide-open betting race. I wasn't really looking forward to fading American Pharoah, and i sure wasn't betting him at the price.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    multi race wagers are going to be awesome this weekend... pick 4s will pay crap loads
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey Nate... You alright? We haven't heard from you in a while...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

I haven't heard from him in a while either. He usually texts me here and there!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2014

Alive and well! I've been MIA for awhile as work has been brutally busy. Our transactional work really picks up in the summer and from the end of June through September we were slammed.

I've been studying up, watching replays, and getting ready for this weekend so I can hopefully come here with stringing together some halfway decent insight!

Looks like my Saturday single is gone, so not sure where I'm going to lock the ticket prices down.

Kenny - Believe it or not actually almost texted you this morning! One of the plays I keep coming back to is Tourist and I wanted some input on your thoughts. I know its a tall task for this one, but he was ultra impressive at Arlington nearly keeping Adelaide at bay (Adelaide came back to win twice since, including the $3mil Cox in Australia).

So far I'm on Dont Tell Sophia in the Distaff (assuming I see the ability to close at Santa Anita), Tapiture in the Dirt Mile (Goldencents may have to fall down to lose, but I can't take the likely 4/5 he offers), and Undrafted in the Turf Sprint.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Looks like Johnny V. can have another one with Carpe Diem......
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    So far my favorite play on Friday is Juv Fillies Turf 1-Partisan Politics
    edited October 2014
    That's what I like to hear FL. I'm going with Rich Tapestry.
    edited October 2014
    I hope i get all of the 12-1 on the "MACHER"
    edited October 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    I hope i get all of the 12-1 on the "MACHER"

Atta boy. You'll get 20-1 imo
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Atta boy. You'll get 20-1 imo

He won't be no more than 10/1 at post. Big $ coming on him
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    if you look at beer figures , goldencents is way ahead of most of these besides pants on fire. The long shot I see consistently trending up in big bane theory, although he might be out of his league, if I wanted a double digit price as it sits he might be worth a shot to show... (15-1)
    edited October 2014
    i will be backing up the truck on daredevil...is it possible to get 7-2...maybe 5-2 imo..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    i will be backing up the truck on daredevil...is it possible to get 7-2...maybe 5-2 imo..

Thought Upstart ran a very nice 2nd to Daredevil in his last watch out.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Am I the only one that sees Calculator as a legitimate threat here? People were treating American Pharoah like a cinch, and the only horse to even come close to challenging him last out is still being offered around 12-1 right now.

Not only that, Calculator broke slightly off, took the first turn 4 wide, moved in contention wide, and held on well to not give up the place after realizing he wasn't getting to AP. He breaks from the rail, so he won't lose ground this time around, but if Trujillo can give this one a good run at the leaders without traffic issues, he should have a legitimate shot at winning.
    edited October 2014
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Am I the only one that sees Calculator as a legitimate threat here? People were treating American Pharoah like a cinch, and the only horse to even come close to challenging him last out is still being offered around 12-1 right now.

Not only that, Calculator broke slightly off, took the first turn 4 wide, moved in contention wide, and held on well to not give up the place after realizing he wasn't getting to AP. He breaks from the rail, so he won't lose ground this time around, but if Trujillo can give this one a good run at the leaders without traffic issues, he should have a legitimate shot at winning.

I think he's the gray who's built like a sprinter... I'll watch the replay. I would include horizontal...
    edited October 2014
    I agree with DS.i loved this guy in his debut but just think he'll be like his dad.i also think the plesa horse is interesting
    edited October 2014
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Alive and well! I've been MIA for awhile as work has been brutally busy. Our transactional work really picks up in the summer and from the end of June through September we were slammed.

I've been studying up, watching replays, and getting ready for this weekend so I can hopefully come here with stringing together some halfway decent insight!

Looks like my Saturday single is gone, so not sure where I'm going to lock the ticket prices down.

Kenny - Believe it or not actually almost texted you this morning! One of the plays I keep coming back to is Tourist and I wanted some input on your thoughts. I know its a tall task for this one, but he was ultra impressive at Arlington nearly keeping Adelaide at bay (Adelaide came back to win twice since, including the $3mil Cox in Australia).

So far I'm on Dont Tell Sophia in the Distaff (assuming I see the ability to close at Santa Anita), Tapiture in the Dirt Mile (Goldencents may have to fall down to lose, but I can't take the likely 4/5 he offers), and Undrafted in the Turf Sprint.

after watching her from the other day, she is a huge horse..loved the way she looked..lets get 5-1