Track Speeds

gittyupgittyup Junior Member
edited October 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
hi everybody

i am new to horse racing and was wondering if someone could tell me, if there is a website where i can compare different race tracks regarding their speeds. for example: is belmont considered a faster or slower track than mountaineer. if somebody could tell me if there is a service where i can get that info for a charge, i would be happy to pay for it, too...

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2014
    That's a great question, especially for someone new to horseracing. Unfortunately though, I'm not aware of any site that exists like that. You just kind of need to keep tabs on it yourself. I know that when I was first starting out, I gravitated towards the SoCal circuit because the fractional times of the three different racetracks (Santa Anita, Hollywood, Del Mar) were pretty consistent with each other. That changed years later due to the whole synthetic track thing.

My best suggestion would be to do what I did. That is, just try to concentrate mainly on one circuit, or at least one small handful of tracks. Shoot, I'm still doing that now. Santa Anita, Del Mar, Los Al, Belmont, Saratoga, Churchill, Keeneland, Gulfstream, Fair Grounds, and very occasionally Aqueduct, Arlington, or Oaklawn. Mostly the two big New York and California tracks though.
  • gittyupgittyup Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    Thank you. I usually bet on races at mountaineer, Charles town and Remington park. All others are usually done by the time I am back home.

Sometimes I really like a Horse, but skip him, because most of his races where at a different track than one of those three mentioned earlier and since I am not sure of his abilities I don't bet on him and then it's mighty frustrating to see him win...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Still a good idea to be selective though.