Manhattan Handicap Pick

JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
edited November 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
This is likely going to be my biggest play of the weekend. I love Rookie Sensation in this spot for Shirreffs. This colt has been in NY since 5-12, and has put in 4 solid works since arriving. His last start in the G3 Last Tycoon at 9F, he lost to Quick Casablanca and Fire with Fire, FwF as we know, just came back to win the G2 Whittingham in his next start, with QC finishing 3rd. Rookie was 5.5 off the leaders at the 1/2 pole, and 4.5 back entering the stretch, with fractions of 25.2, 49.75, 1:13.58, and 1:37. Rookie was pinned on the rail until the final 1/16th, and when he finally got room, he exploded, making up 4.5 lengths into no pace and missing by a neck. He gets an extra furlong to work with here, which is exactly what this colt needs.The long stretch at Big Sandy is a big benefit, and if he finally gets a clean shot down the lane, he will mow them all down and I believe Rookie Senstion will become a G1 winner on Saturday. Good luck all!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    JohnnyPutz wrote: »
    This is likely going to be my biggest play of the weekend. I love Rookie Sensation in this spot for Shirreffs. This colt has been in NY since 5-12, and has put in 4 solid works since arriving. His last start in the G3 Last Tycoon at 9F, he lost to Quick Casablanca and Fire with Fire, FwF as we know, just came back to win the G2 Whittingham in his next start, with QC finishing 3rd. Rookie was 5.5 off the leaders at the 1/2 pole, and 4.5 back entering the stretch, with fractions of 25.2, 49.75, 1:13.58, and 1:37. Rookie was pinned on the rail until the final 1/16th, and when he finally got room, he exploded, making up 4.5 lengths into no pace and missing by a neck. He gets an extra furlong to work with here, which is exactly what this colt needs.The long stretch at Big Sandy is a big benefit, and if he finally gets a clean shot down the lane, he will mow them all down and I believe Rookie Senstion will become a G1 winner on Saturday. Good luck all!

Yessir. I really hope the price stays fair.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Johnny he is forum favorite also but I think one of us needs to ride him. I think 4 straight bad rides. I want to see who gets the ride though. I've seen Solis ride his NY horses so far. 8-1 or higher.
  • JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it when Smith got him pinned on the RAIL again after Cnak lost the mount for doing the EXACT same thing in the previous race. I honestly don't care who rides, as long as they tip him wide and let him make his run. I also think 8-1 ML, think there is a possibility he pays 20$..but he could also end up at 5-1. Even though it wont matter at all to me, jock choice will effect price for sure.
    edited June 2014
    Maybe Victor can ride. At least he's won on this fucker before.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I cashed on this sling shot on Breeders Cup Friday card his past year at 8/1. See below from my BC Friday card to clients. I think he has a big shot again this Saturday. Needs the perfect timed ride at the right point in the race.

Race 5 - #5 – Rookie Sensation – W/P/S – This one is ready to explode, John has this colt spotted for
    the win today at a nice price.

Exotic Key – 5 over 2-7-10-12 over 2-3-4-7-9-10-11-12
    edited June 2014
    Looks like 12-1 from the 3 hole.
  • JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited June 2014
    I have 0 doubt that he can beat this field. If he stays at 12-1(which I know he won't) I will be making an incredibly large WP bet
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Smith might kill 12-1 but he hasn't exactly been hot lately..let's go Sunday.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, I'm going to be extremely surprised if he goes off any higher than 8-1. Regardless, at those odds, I'll be backing him generously myself.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Brad Free just picked him on Against the Odds, the jinx is on!
    edited June 2014
    FlyinLate wrote: »

Oh fuck him. I'm out guys.
    edited June 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Yessir. I really hope the price stays fair.

Well he's 9/2 now. That's not fair. I wouldn't take less than 6-1.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Had to think Chad Brown wouldn't be shut out on Belmont day damn
    edited June 2014
    FlyinLate wrote: »

This never fails. Kid you not I only bet $25 to win and a small exacta with Rosario.
    edited June 2014
    Had 50 wps also backed it with 5wps on Browns horse cause he screwed me with Normandy Invasion. Stil haven't even played the Belmont not sure who I like? Like Wicked Strong but at 6-1 not much value also like Tonalist but the added weight n distance from last along with Dray jinx. Might throw a $100 w on Samraat
    edited June 2014
    Did box those 3 in Belmont Ny state of mind
    edited November 2014
    rayphil wrote: »

So much potential. He's from a great family. Very unlucky in several starts. Also, he might have been a multiple G1 winner under the care of any "juice" trainer with a little ambition...