Few Things

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited June 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
Caleb Keller is the best TVG host by a lot. He'll be a huge sports host one day.

The caller at Mountainer who says a horse has "put the cue in the rack" when he folds up is fucking awesome.

The English announcer who calls the whip the persuader is funny too.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    You coming to NYC in 3 weeks? Pack up and join us!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I can't this year. I'm buying a house fairly soon, and I've got to buckle down. Unless you guys are coming out for the Pacific Classic I'll probably miss you this year.

Another note, with the logistics of partnerships, would it be possible in the (DISTANT) future to get an HRT horse? I feel like if DAP can do it, why can't HRT....
  • irish32irish32 Junior Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm in!!!!!!!!!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Another note, with the logistics of partnerships, would it be possible in the (DISTANT) future to get an HRT horse? I feel like if DAP can do it, why can't HRT....

We can call him Draynay....
    edited May 2014
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    We can call him Draynay....

Wow. I'm dying. Honestly, when No Nay Never goes to stud we've got the perfect name. If we can find a mare named Clueless we'll be set.
    edited May 2014
    Actually, I found her, so here's your logical breeding for Draynay:

CLUELESS (BRZ) br. M, 2005 {4-k} DP = 5-1-5-3-0 (14) DI = 1.55 CD = 0.57 - 13 Starts, 2 Wins, 1 Places, 3 Shows

Owner: Stud Red Rafa
    Breeder: Haras Phillipson

NO NAY NEVER (USA) dkb/br. C, 2011 {3-l} DP = 6-2-8-1-1 (18) DI = 2.00 CD = 0.61 - 4 Starts, 3 Wins, 1 Places, 0 Shows
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Based on that match and previous Draynay posts, a computer generated composite would probably look like this:

donkey-yawning.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Classy looking type...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Stake winning type..
    edited June 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Caleb Keller is the best TVG host by a lot. He'll be a huge sports host one day.

The caller at Mountainer who says a horse has "put the cue in the rack" when he folds up is fucking awesome.

The English announcer who calls the whip the persuader is funny too.

Caleb still the only talent worth watching. He's sharp.
    edited June 2015
    i agree..i told my father the other day that he is the best one on there..give him a year or two and he will be gone.
  • owletowlet Junior Member
    edited June 2015
    Agreed. He's intelligent and actually seems interested in what is going on, as opposed to being interested in himself like King Schmuck Schrupp.

Don't you know if you saw it, but Gino announced his departure from TVG about a half hour ago on the Quarters. He claimed to have "other opporutnities.: But I wonder if it isn't that he's tired of the 5 horse fields at the aboritionist's track, home of the cartels and cowpies.
    edited June 2015
    gino has had his moments..i like the kid and hope he bounces back soon.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Ive never been there and i want to try to convince my brother to go to sd for the pacific classic on his bday , selfish bc. He doesnt even bet the horses...hahah...hopefully if inget my new job ill be up there this summer...crossing my fingers...do any ofnu guys ever frequent santa anita ?
    edited June 2015
    im a east coaster. never been out west. Think im going to make a trip to the big sandy soon. Also would love to go to saratoga..
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    If you keep having winters like you just had, you need to add the west coast to your itinerary. :)

In the meantime, we'll try to get the webmasters to update their sites (here's Los Alamitos):

TRIPLE CROWN HOPEFUL AMERICAN PHAROAH, DORTMUND AND FIRING LINE, LEAD STAR-STUDDED CAST OF NOMINEES TO LOS ALAMITOS DERBY