Contest Results After Day 1:

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited July 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
I had a little time on my hands so I went through and figured out the standings, and we had some very nice handicappers yesterday!

The Number in the Parenthesis is the number of horse picks you have used. I did not count scratches nor did i see if anyone cheated and posted late picks, but hopefully we are all honest!!!! Looks like the contest is growing day to day! Good Luck to all for the rest of the week!

CoachesPlays (3) $58.60 :toast:
GooseSTL (3) $44.10
Mriordan ](2) $20
Victory (1) $19.90
TBONE (2) $16.80
RayJ (3) $14.70
Duckgawd (3) $14.60
Davidc (2) $10.80
Tima59 (2) $10.50
Dannydog108 (1) $9
SunBelter (1) $8.10
Bouray (3) $4.30
Vespa7 (2) $3.40
RightAngle (1) $0
HandJoe (1) $0
Mikenyce (1) $0
Wire2Wire (2) $0
TurfCapper (1) $0
Choons81 (1) $0
FLYBYNIGHT (3) $0
Obwan1432 (2) $0
Fatcatdeals (1) $0
VIronica (2) $0
Canuck (1) $0

Comments

• GooseSTLGooseSTL Junior Member
    edited July 2007
    Ok, I'm a real idiot when it comes ot figuring this stuff out. Can you help me out?

Race #2 paid $7.60 to the winner
    Race #3 paid $15.20 to the winner
    Race #9 paid $4.10 to show

How did you come up with that $44.xx I won? I guess it doesn't matter if it W,P or Shows, it's going to pay whatever it says the final result payout was?

And BTW- Coach had 5 plays ytd., not 3. 3 paid, 2 didn't.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited July 2007
    Hello Goose, First off, this is not official, Just bored today and went through everything and thats what I came up with!

Each horse you select is for the Win, Place, and Show ($6 all togeather) Therefor when you win, you get all 3, you get the Win and Place and Show! So when you win, so your Lord Snowden Pick paid A little more then $25 because you add up all 3 wagers and thats how much you make! Since we all have to pick 10 and only 10 no need to worry about losses!

Second, You observation about Coachesplays yes he did post 5 picks but 2 of them got scratched so those are not counted against you nor for you! Atleast thats the way I read the rules! Good Luck today Goose!
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Junior Member
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for explaining. I get it now. Basically, you are doing $2 on a WPS ticket. Stupid me. Anyway, good luck to you too. Thanks!!!!
  • coachesplayscoachesplays Member
    edited July 2007
    Hey Goose, i only had 4 plays for Wednesday and one of them scratched (we get one free scratch I believe)

Had 5 plays on Thursday and have 2 for Friday and I am done for the weekend.

Good luck,
  • TurfCapperTurfCapper Member
    edited July 2007
    I think Goose is sandbagging . . . probably the Wiz in disguise . .