Demonic going straight to the Santa Anita Derby?

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Off a single maiden race, followed by a physical setback? Someone's got a bad case of Derby Fever.

Santa Anita: Demonic still possible for Santa Anita Derby | Daily Racing Form

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Off a single maiden race, followed by a physical setback? Someone's got a bad case of Derby Fever.

Santa Anita: Demonic still possible for Santa Anita Derby | Daily Racing Form

Such bad Derby fever, but remember how good he looked eating up ground? Hope he makes it and wins.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Such bad Derby fever, but remember how good he looked eating up ground? Hope he makes it and wins.

Bad move by these connections IMO!!!!! This horse isn't good enough to win the Santa Anita Derby off the shelf!!!!!
    edited March 2013
    I'm hearing today the Sunland Derby if he comes out of his work tomorrow well.
    edited March 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »

This race is coming up tough this year. Not your average Sunland Derby. This points system is making the triple crown really fun IMO.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »

Thanks. Let's hope he can pull it off.
    edited March 2013
    Thanks. Let's hope he can pull it off.

Have you seen the nominees? Tough race.

The Rebel looks tough as can be too.
    edited March 2013
    Bullet Bob is sending Shakin It Up as well.
    edited March 2013
    Have you seen the nominees? Tough race.

The Rebel looks tough as can be too.

Hadn't looked at it yet, no. Any point-producing race figures to draw a large crowd these days however. So not at all surprising.
    edited March 2013
    Hadn't looked at it yet, no. Any point-producing race figures to draw a large crowd these days however. So not at all surprising.

No, it's awesome. Like March Madness for horses.
    edited December 2013
    Boys what placement by Sadler in this spot. It signals this one is ready IMO, and the price will be BIG. It's worth a token wager and wheel in the exacta spots 1st and 2nd. There is plenty of SPEED on paper for a great pace play as well. I love C. Nak in the irons and I see this one having a big say down the lane when the real running starts.

GL!!!
    edited December 2013
    Let's cash today on this talented runner that hasn't shown his best effort to date. The price will come down, but will still be solid.
    edited December 2013
    Brad Free includes this information at the end of his "key contenders" report:

Lightly raced Demonic is using the Malibu as a prep race for the Strub. The others in the field are Syndicated, Central Banker, Holy Lute, and Our Double Play.

I would be inclined to bet still after that, but I dug for some trainer quotes. Here's what I got:

“He’s a very good horse,” Sadler said of the $400,000 son of Bernardini owned by the CRK Stable of Lee and Susan Searing. “He didn’t get around the turn very well at Hollywood. He was going so fast, he kind of skidded out about 10 wide, and got beat three lengths (actually, 2 ½).

“I think eventually he’s going to be way better around two turns. Our next major goal is the Strub (Grade II, $200,000 at 1 1/16 miles on Jan. 18), but he’s a good horse.”

Don't know...
    edited December 2013
    Brad Free includes this information at the end of his "key contenders" report:

Lightly raced Demonic is using the Malibu as a prep race for the Strub. The others in the field are Syndicated, Central Banker, Holy Lute, and Our Double Play.

I would be inclined to bet still after that, but I dug for some trainer quotes. Here's what I got:

“He’s a very good horse,” Sadler said of the $400,000 son of Bernardini owned by the CRK Stable of Lee and Susan Searing. “He didn’t get around the turn very well at Hollywood. He was going so fast, he kind of skidded out about 10 wide, and got beat three lengths (actually, 2 ½).

“I think eventually he’s going to be way better around two turns. Our next major goal is the Strub (Grade II, $200,000 at 1 1/16 miles on Jan. 18), but he’s a good horse.”

Don't know...

This is why I state, you can wipe your ass with a form this day and age of racing.
    edited October 2014
    BUMP, HE'S back in the last today at SA!!!
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I saw he was entered and couldn't believe it. I thought he only ran once a year.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    lol DC...what rprettyboyfloyd next out going long..