Horse Racing Forum
Discussion Forum

Old 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
John Greenhaw
John Greenhaw broke well from the gate
Default Question for FB?
You're good friends are bringing up War Story for the SW on Monday! He just posted a bullet work and looks like he may try to take this group a long way on the front-end? Keep me posted on what you hear from Chris and Loooch. Also, let me know if they are going to be there on Monday, me and King may try to get in the winner's circle picture! At least I'll be taller than Amoss!

I'm not giving up yet on Mr. Z, especially with the jock move to C Nak. Moreover, it looks like Johnny V. will come in for the SW to ride J S Bach. Shaping up to be a great prep race! I sure hope the weather holds, they are calling for another cold snap and possible flurries and ice?

Spots for thursday:
7th---#2 Nearshore, 3-1
9th---#5 Sailing Shiksa, 9/2, but you can forget getting anything better than 2-1 as everyone I know is going to the windows on this one! And Frank Miramadi is hoping for a big run from #11, Warriorscmouttoplay,

Friday:
2nd---#5 Seraph, 3-1
5th---#1 Paganol, 3-1
8th---#7 Bagg O Day, 6-1, and just hope this old warrior can outrun his training?
Reply Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
John Greenhaw
John Greenhaw broke well from the gate
Sailing Shiksa is scratched
Reply Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #3
kingoftherapid
kingoftherapid broke well from the gate
i'll be taller than amoss too... hahaha not!
Reply Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
DiscreetCat
DiscreetCat broke his maiden with styleDiscreetCat broke his maiden with style
I mentioned on here before, but it's worth repeating, Mr. Z shied from the whip in that Oaklawn race last time out. Still haven't seen that reported anywhere (though I have seen several references to him "having a bad habit of lugging out". He was lugging out (into Firing Line) in the Los Al Futurity, but I feel that was unrelated. So I wouldn't put too much stock into that Oaklawn incident (unless they hit him with the whip again).

As for a jock change to Nakatani, didn't he ride Sharp Cat for Lukas? Because that's another one who once had a very extreme shy-from-the-whip incident (one which they recognized and learned from). You might also remember that Stevens would not hit Serena's Song with the whip (not that she ever shied from it, to my knowledge), and she was another Lukas I believe. So he does have some experience with this sort of thing (which leads me to believe he must know about it now with Mr. Z, and has chosen not to say anything. I'll be surprised if Corey hits him with the whip this time out...I guess we'll see.
Reply Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #5
fbwinners
fbwinners broke well from the gate
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greenhaw View Post
You're good friends are bringing up War Story for the SW on Monday! He just posted a bullet work and looks like he may try to take this group a long way on the front-end? Keep me posted on what you hear from Chris and Loooch. Also, let me know if they are going to be there on Monday, me and King may try to get in the winner's circle picture! At least I'll be taller than Amoss!

I'm not giving up yet on Mr. Z, especially with the jock move to C Nak. Moreover, it looks like Johnny V. will come in for the SW to ride J S Bach. Shaping up to be a great prep race! I sure hope the weather holds, they are calling for another cold snap and possible flurries and ice?

Spots for thursday:
7th---#2 Nearshore, 3-1
9th---#5 Sailing Shiksa, 9/2, but you can forget getting anything better than 2-1 as everyone I know is going to the windows on this one! And Frank Miramadi is hoping for a big run from #11, Warriorscmouttoplay,

Friday:
2nd---#5 Seraph, 3-1
5th---#1 Paganol, 3-1
8th---#7 Bagg O Day, 6-1, and just hope this old warrior can outrun his training?

If the track comes up real sloppy on Monday, Amoss is going to scratch. He had a work at the FG over a sloppy surface and really hated it. I know Chris won't be in town, but I think Looch is coming in for it. Ill give you all more info over the weekend.
Reply Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
fbwinners
War Story scratching per his owners!
Reply Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #7
DiscreetCat
Anyone like Page McKenney @ Laurel tomorrow? I actually know the guy who owns him. I asked him what kind of shape the horse is in, and he said he was told that he's "a work away", but he then said they've told him that before and the horse has won anyway. You guys should check him out, he never runs a bad one. Reportedly, he would've won his last at Gulfstream if not for a bad ride (I haven't watched the replay yet, and supposedly Lezcano was very apologetic after the race (knowing that he screwed up, I guess). Supposedly his agent called and tried to get the ride for this race as well. Should run well tomorrow (as he always does).
Reply Reply With Quote
  The Following User Says Thank You to DiscreetCat For This Useful Post:
rayphil (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #8
rayphil
rayphil broke well from the gate
trainer is a small MD. base outfit. Jockey is best known for riding on the weeds but a good overall rider...should get a good price.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #9
rayphil
rayphil broke well from the gate
also if anyone is playing the laurel card tomorrow do not be affraid to play xavier perez...he can ride..big prices
Old 02-14-2015, 06:22 PM   #10
DiscreetCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscreetCat View Post
Anyone like Page McKenney @ Laurel tomorrow? I actually know the guy who owns him. I asked him what kind of shape the horse is in, and he said he was told that he's "a work away", but he then said they've told him that before and the horse has won anyway. You guys should check him out, he never runs a bad one. Reportedly, he would've won his last at Gulfstream if not for a bad ride (I haven't watched the replay yet, and supposedly Lezcano was very apologetic after the race (knowing that he screwed up, I guess). Supposedly his agent called and tried to get the ride for this race as well. Should run well tomorrow (as he always does).
Page McKenney wins @ $8.20
Reply Reply With Quote
  The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiscreetCat For This Useful Post:
FlyinLate (02-15-2015), rayphil (02-14-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #11
fbwinners
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greenhaw View Post

Spots for thursday:
7th---#2 Nearshore, 3-1

Friday:
2nd---#5 Seraph, 3-1
5th---#1 Paganol, 3-1

Kent D has the leg up on War Story in the Risen Star. It will be posted later on DRF or Blood Horse.
Reply Reply With Quote

Contact Us - Horse Racing Talk - Archive - Top

HorseRacingTalk is a forum for handicappers. Register today and join in the horse racing discussions.