|01-01-2013, 08:42 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 286Rep Power: 3
Thanked 78 Times in 56 Posts
Changing tack to Turf Paradise starting Friday
Turf Paradise Friday January 4, 2013
Race 1 MSW 350 Yards
Race 2 Allowance 300 Yards
Race 3 6 1/2 Furlongs S3500n2l
1) Rio Diablo took sixteen tries to break maiden and needed a wet track to do it. Pass.
2) Wolf County has been competitive at this level but needs a good trip to do so. Inside draw a plus.
3) Meida Hype dueled every step last time while never seeing the rail. Big shot as the inside speed today.
4) Rick the Barber has speed but draws outside Media Hype. Watch for next time.
5) Spectation would be a huge surprise if he got a a check.
6) Brassy Pete broke maiden in decent field in debut then added lasix and was extremely overmatched in last. Back in at the right level with go to jock aboard.
Race 4 5 1/2 Furlongs f3000b
2) Hurry Home Honey has done nothing since the trainer change and see no reason for anything different today.
3) Denim and Diamonds returhs at the bottom off a 6 month layoff. Watching one.
4) Lucky High was giant in first start at this level dueling every step of the way. Should play as the inside speed today.
1) Coatofmanycolors is looking for third straight but isn't getting the lead today and isn't as good as Lucky High.
5) Fantabulous M Q is fresh, fit, and more than competitive at this level.
6) Shemya Reef turns back off form and is just too slow.
7) Ariat Gold is a trip monger who draws outside. Pass.
1A) Unbridled Thoughts gets significant class relief with the versatility to win from anywhere. Must use.
8) Chocolate Caliente could be an early threat at most.
Race 5- 6 1/2 Furlongs NW1x Opt. 30000
1) King of the Sky has speed and the rail but needs to step up his game for the class hike.
2) Silly Fella is out of jail, up in class and needs to improve dramatically to factor in here.
3) Unquiet is very quick and should secure the lead and the rail after blowing the start in last, his second off the layoff. Ready for best today.
4) Derive is probably quickest here but drawing outside of Unquiet could prove troublesome.
5) Jump up and Kissme returns off layoff for t/j combo that have connected for three winners at this meet. Dead rock closer needs some help.
6) Position A returns from lengthy layoff and is likely short and overmatched. Watching for next time.
7) Moment of Weakness is here for a reason I've yet to figure out.
Race 6- 5 Furlongs Clm 4000
1) Conclave has speed and the rail and makes first start for new barn at proper level.
2) Elusive Moment is overmatched.
3) Nobyjo finally drops to proper level but what happens sometimes with these low percentage barns, is that they race their horses over their heads and by the time they enter into a realistic spot, the animal is raced out. Demand a price.
4) Exchng Traded Fnds is clearly overmatched.
5) Albacore Bob looks for third straight but moves up and draws outside. Without me.
6) Striking Spirit was all out off perfect trip to beat weaker. Slew of juice trainers has to take it's toll eventually.
7) Crown King is very ambitiously placed.
8) Gibson Home Run draws poorly and lacks ability. Tough combo to overcome.
Contenders: 1,3 The 1 the best.
Race 7- 1 Mile Turf Moc30000
1) Kochen Beki passed a couple on deep and yielding course in last. A guess.
2) Hana comes from same race.
3) Vote for Scarlett could be the longest shot on the card.
4) Double Chocolate goes for Darley who is rarely seen at this place. Comes from same race as the inside two and is just as much a guess. Short price adds to the negativity.
5) Acarpian, ditto, but gets go to jock. As good a reason as any.
6) Ciao Valentina is at least established on firm turf and j/t combo is 3 2-1-0 at the meet.
7) Cinnamon Mocha is bred for grass.
8) Little Bit Cactus stretches out and tries grass off two useful sprints.
9) Agent Scully gets added to the long list of possiblities.
Race 8- 1 Mile 3000b
1) Tenatious Spirit ships in from Iowa with speed and draws the rail. Must improve to have a chance.
2) Norhern Thunder is a great clunker upper who draws inside. Needs a trip but just may get one.
3) Visible Marq is kind of like the same horse as Norhtern Thunder and can factor with a trip.
4) Notime to Badinage would be much happier as somebody's pet.
5) Showtime Don is a contender on paper but for barn that never wins. Tossing.
6) Rocket Train takes a disturbing drop after beating better not too long ago. Proceed with caution.
7) Buff Daddy drops going turf to dirt. Two back, pressed a solid pace never seeing the rail against much tougher. Best bet of the day by leaps and bounds.
8) Macho Quito insures a fast pace. Look for this one to drop and turn back next time.
9) Two Turns is a galompa log who can always land a share depending upon the setup.
10) Hunter Kane appears to be dropping into a good spot. NOT!! Gelding is super cheap and races against better were much less than they look. Hope he takes money because he has no shot.
Race 9- 3500n2l
1) Comic Baby returns from a layoff for new barn and sports a big bullet posessing back class. Price play to be gunning from the rail.
2) No Big Deal showed nothing in return and now adds blinkers. For juice barn fans only.
3) Rapid Robert is certainly not rapid.
4) Revitalize returns from a layoff and has beaten this condition before only to be disqualified for testing positive. Passing.
5) Shuckster is very quick. Blew the start and then bore out blowing the turn in last. Huge chance with alert beginning and strong ride.
6) Zhorsez is another with speed in here. Watching for next time with a stretch to 6 and an inside draw.
7) Gooddaytogoflyin is another who would serve better as someones pet.
8) Speightstownlawyer adds more speed to the mix and is another to keep an eye on for next time.
9) Hot Rod Bill is yet another with early speed. This should be a key race down the road.